Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

UK websites of hospitals that perform Ablations and their comments

Posted by babs 
Reading one or two websites it seems like the NHS think were not cost efffective.

www.manchesterheartcentre.org/ aa/pdf/18%20Catheter%20%20Tachycardia.pdf

www.manchesterheartcentre.org/ aa/pdf/34%20Training%20Req%20Managemen.pdf

Comment in pdf below mentions there are fewer electrosiologists and essential support staff than in other European countries

[www.manchesterheartcentre.org]

www.londonafcentre.co.uk/treatment_options.php

From Times online...Patients get right to choose hospital for their treatment
[www.timesonline.co.uk]
Quote at bottom of page:

The Oxford Radcliffe NHS Trust is to scrap the routine procedure that cured Tony Blair of a heart condition because of its financial deficit and the need to hit the Government’s waiting- list targets. Around 50 patients have been told that they cannot have a cardiac catheter ablation procedure, which cures an irregular heartbeat in more than 90 per cent of cases.

Maybe be easier if i gave you the google page and you can search through the pages further on.

[www.google.co.uk]
What an excellent list of sites. I was particularly interested in the piece by Dr John Morgan on the lack of AF support from the NHS. He was mentioned by my Cardio as a possibility if I get around to considering an ablation.

Also I had not heard of the London AF Centre before.

My cardio did mention a Dr Jazz Gill of St Thomas's who is performing lots of ablations at the moment.

I get very angry with this government who are pouring loads of money into the NHS, spending is now average for Europe, and yet we suffer from appalling service.

Mark

I totally agree with you Mark. it's like we're classed as 2nd class citizens because of our problems.

But whoa betide if we complain about any medication that has caused other health problems. They say oh it shouldn't do that. I'm fed up with feeling ill from prescriptions.

babs
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login