Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anyone controlled on just supplements and trigger avoidance?

Posted by montos 
Anyone controlled on just supplements and trigger avoidance?
November 04, 2009 01:47PM
Is anyone out there controlled and not on meds? I am hoping to not take anti-arrythmics for as long as possible.

Lots of people here seem to do well with the supplements as adjunctive therapy to keep the ectopics away, help the anti-arrythmics out or after ablation but does anyone get away with no meds (or even just beta blockers and/or asa)?

Montos
Montos, you can read posts from 50 people who have done just that.JUst go to the Conference Room, then click on Conference Proceedings, then scan down that list til you find session 61 and click on that.
PeggyM
Hi Montos,
Many people here get some sort of control even if not 100% control as in never having afib again.
You'll be unlikely to gain control at the first attempt because everybody is different but if you stick around and ask enough questions and try different approaches you'll find something that works for you.
Knowledge is control.
As Peggy says: [www.afibbers.org]
Also: [www.afibbers.org]

My control with supplements has been 99.97% over the last 5 years. For the few times that I've had afib breakthrough, I've used on-demand flecainide to convert within one hour.
Re: Anyone controlled on just supplements and trigger avoidance?
November 05, 2009 12:36AM
Paul - I'm so pleased to see you posting these very positive comments. The progess you've made certainly makes my heart happy for you. Keep up the good work. Jackie
Jackie,

Thanks for the encouragement. It's because of people like your good self that I'm feeling positive about the future. It's 10 months now and I've had a few 'scary moments' in that time where I thought I was going into afib not least when I was at the airport at 3AM with my family waiting for the early morning flight to Greece. Lack of sleep is a huge trigger of PACs/PVC's for me. Anyway it didn't happen and I had a wonderful 2 week holiday with my family. I need to reach 18 months before I've made progress in my mind because this was the longest period inbetween my AF episodes.
I've never sought any help before apart from this site but yesterday went to my local holistic health centre as I feel I'm intolerant to some foods and also feel something is out of balance in the hormone department.
[www.natural-practices.co.uk]
I've never had bioresonance before but didn't have much to lose apart from my cash and was intrigued. Interestingly there were very few surprises. Magnesium was seen to be slightly low or out of balance and as I suspected my adrenal function is low. I gained alot of information from this albeit not in a quantative sense as there are no actual levels given.
I will increase my magnesium slightly and keep away from the food groups I have an intolerance to for a while. If this doesn't sort out my adrenals which are at the root of my LAF then I will get some lab tests done and consult a practitioner ala Julia Ross style. Will I finally sort my life in 2010? Watch this space..!
So you see Montos, knowledge really is control.
November 05, 2009 02:16AM
That's awesome. It really is. After the initial "oh god, I'm going to die" thoughts had passed and the doctors provided some reasuurance there, the hard part was the unknown of it all. We don't know why this happened to you , we don't know how it happened, we don't know if it get worse. That really sucks a lot of hope out of a person and you live in constant dread of another episode. I really wasn't sure how I was going to get along. The stories and advice here have helped enormously.

Thanks
November 05, 2009 04:04AM
Paul - I think you'll find some answers with the adrenal issue... undoubtedly eithe well-exhausted or complete burnout. I've recovered from my adrenal burnout and now that I have read Julia Ross and have used her suggestions with other people, I definitely thing you will be able to find the missing link for you as well. I'll be watching your reports.

You are an inspiration to us all.

Jackie
Unfortunately Paul I have steadily progressed to persistent Afib, which is what I'm in now. The supplements, nor getting my sleep apnea under control, nor loosing weight has made any difference. The only thing supplements did for me was make me poorer. As for triggers I have not been able to identify one. I believe that for me it's just the right combination of things that made me have an episode. Who knows maybe it was the way the stars were aligned. We are all different and just because it hasn't worked for me doesn't mean it won't work for you. Good Luck Paul
November 09, 2009 05:37AM
Jack - did you have any testing to determine your levels of electrolytes so that you could focus on imbalances? What supplements did you try? For how long?

Jackie
Jackie

Tried supplements for about a year and half. Vit C, Multi Vit, Q-10, Omega 3 and Mag. I never had a problem with my electrolytes nor my thyroid. Actually my 2 worst years for # of episodes was while trying supplements.

Jack
November 09, 2009 11:54AM
Jack - I'd be suspect of what was in the multi vitamin... and also the form of magnesium you used as a supplement. In people that have liver clearance issues, supplements can make them feel worse, just as adding drugs can in those cases. I'd be curious to know what your multi was and the calcium content vs magnesium.

Jackie
Jackie

I have come to accept that I will have to live with rate control for the rest of my life. In December I have an echocardiogram and an appointment with my EP. If my heart hasn't remodeled too much I will discuss a cardioversion and trying Multaq.

Jack
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login