Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A Note of Thanks!

Posted by Pat 
Pat
A Note of Thanks!
February 09, 2008 06:17AM
I went to see an electrophysiologist to whom I had been referred for a pacemaker. This recommendation was based on a record from the hospitals Holter Monitor showing some bradycardia while I was on a beta-blocker. nI bought a Holter Monitor (5 lead) and recorded twice while on no medication and twice while on diltiazem. My findings showed verfy little bradycardia and no pauses greater than 2 seconds, whereas I had 4% bradycardia and one 3.14 second pause while on the beta-blocker. I put all these findings on a spreadsheet. The EP studied the spreadsheet and other documents, asked some questions and then recommended a catheter ablation, without any coaching from me.

I was fortunate enough to get a knowledgable EP, but I had done my homework. This website and, especially, those who shared their great knowledge with others have made this possible for me. I would like to single out Wil and George N and Hans as having been the most helpful in enabling me to navigate my cardiological labyrinth. I have a small personal victory here and the coaching of Wil and George on heart monitors have help me use evidence of my own to extract myself from bad medical opinion. Thanks.

On a personal level, I appreciate Barry's going the extra mile to help! The best of luck to you in your ablation!

I get so much from others in other areas: Jackie, Peggy M. and Sharon Glass, to mention a few. I could go on and may at some later time.

Just my profound thanks!
GeorgeN
Re: A Note of Thanks!
February 09, 2008 01:25PM
Pat,

Good job on your presentation, glad it worked out.

George
Pat
Re: A Note of Thanks!
February 10, 2008 08:14AM
Thanks! Oh. and Pam!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login