Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Important warning for anyone expecting an iHerb shipment!!

Posted by David Price 
Just wanted to warn anyone who has recently ordered from iHerb. I got a package this morning, and they'd included one of those nut/seed bars (I think it was made by Bora Bora...) Anyway, said bar broke one of my teeth! Not what one expects from a health food store.

I've written to them warning about putting this stuff out, and I'm awaiting an official response, but if you get one, throw it away!!

(Why am I such a sucker for a freebie?)
twice, two separate occasions, I broke my front tooth and then a bicuspid from free olives from a restaurant. You would think after the first time I would be more careful...which I thought I was because I bit down using on the bicuspid and not using my front teeth after the first time.
Re: Important warning for anyone expecting an iHerb shipment!!
June 11, 2007 12:19PM
David - Sorry to hear about the tooth... ;(

Susan - and others, ... my dentist employer always liked to say...

"front teeth are for smiling - back teeth are for chewing." Don't bite into anything hard like bones or something that seems to be extra firm or contain a pit as front teeth can chip and break easily. We saw a great number of people who had similar experiences from biting into rock-hard food with front teeth. It can be an expensive experience.

Jackie
I found the bars extremely tasty!
David
Have you payed any import tax yet; I ordered about 6 weeks ago very cheep compared to Uk no tax.
Chris H
Chris,

You will, it took months for them to catch up with me!
I ordered from the UK; arrived in 3days, no tax. Completely delighted.

I immediately devoured the bar, with great satisfaction too!
Sorry about your broken tooth.....

Valda
Chris:
I've ordered stuff on a number of occasions from iHerb. Sometimes I've paid tax other times not - I think it's all down to what they put, value-wise, on the front.
Re the tax, mine caught up with me months later and was more than half the cost of the goods, I sent in a complaint and they said they were going to look into it, I didn't hear anymore about that one but have payed tax on subsequent orders. Beware of free gifts folk!!!!!!! Heather
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login