Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1 year since last ablation

Posted by Rich G. 
Rich G.
1 year since last ablation
April 10, 2007 03:22AM
Just visited my EP today. It has been 1 year to the day that my afib was ablated. The EP considers me cured. I hope. Anyway he said to discontinue the warfarin. Wants to see me back in a year. Off all meds. Hopefully life will get back to normal again.

Pam
Re: 1 year since last ablation
April 10, 2007 03:44AM
Congratulations Rich,

No wonder we don't see you anymore. You've been freed ! ! !

Thanks for coming back to tell of this wonderful news.

Please remind us who did your ablation.

Keep up the good beat,
Pam
Rich G.
April 10, 2007 05:42AM
Pam,
My ablation was done by Dr. Pugazendi Vijayaraman. He is at the Geisinger Medical Center. He explained to me that he uses that same procedures and equipment as at the Cleveland Clinic. Hopefully, someday he will be as recognized as Dr. Natale. In my humble opinion he deserves it. He mentioned to me that he has now done hundreds of ablations. I didn't ask him his success rate. He is also involved in clinical trails for arrythmias. I hope he can help some other people overcome their troubles. He is very personable and was willing to talk me about his procedures even after my ordeal is over. He treats you like your one of the team. It makes you feel good inside.

Pam
April 10, 2007 06:01AM
Pennsylvania??
GeorgeN v/51/na
April 10, 2007 06:48AM
Pugazhendi Vijayaraman MD
Geisinger Heart Hosp
Wilkes Barre, PA 18704
Phone: (570) 820-6020
April 10, 2007 06:55AM
Congratulations, Rich. Enjoy your life from here on out - Living with Passion in NSR.

Best to you,

Jackie
Keith
April 10, 2007 11:15PM
Hi Rich,

Congrats. How long did it take post ablation for you to get back to normal? It seems that some people are ok after a month and others take up to 1 year.

Thanks
Keith
Rich G.
April 11, 2007 12:17AM
Keith,

After the initial "take it easy period" for the groin area it was pretty much back to normal in about a month.

Frankie Smith
April 11, 2007 02:30AM
Congrats! It took me over a year before I was off meds and back to normal - I do feel great after my Radio Frequency Ablation. Frankie (ablated 10/05) (V) (age 67)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login