Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

To PC

Posted by Debbi 
Debbi
To PC
January 04, 2004 03:05PM
From reading your posts I seem to glean that you are pro-prescriptions. I take 20 different meds per day for several health problems and sometimes I feel like I should try to get off of them. One problem is that I have COPD which coincides with the A-Fib/A-Flutter diagnoses, along with hypothyroid.

Should I try getting of meds? I was on digoxin and verapamil for several years and decided to stop on my on and things got very bad. I thought I was taking the digoxin for tachycardia, was never told I had afib. Just an irregular heart beat.

Thanks for your response.

Debbi
Fran
Re: To PC
January 04, 2004 09:57PM
Debbi

I am sorry for your situtation. I think I told you my mother had COPD. Most of us here have lone AF with no underlying disorders. You have some much more serious problems. When your oxygen levels are not optimal it will interfere with your heart rate etc - so what some advocate for lone AF is not applicable for you. Have you ever thought of seeing a holistic practitioner to help you with your COPD.

Good luck

Fran
PC
Re: To PC
January 05, 2004 01:29AM
Debbi,

Fran is absolutely right.

COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) is divided into emphysema, chronic bronchitis and asthma. Which do you have? Emphysema is not reversible, although its progression can certainly be retarded. Most frequently this is due to smoking.

Regarding prescription medication, I'd say whatever works. But if I can get by without, then all the better. There are so many cross reactions and conflicting physiologic changes that I'd rather keep the table clear for something only a med can help.

Just be sure to work with your local MD.

PC
Debbi
To PC
January 05, 2004 01:34AM
PC and Fran:

I have emphysema and asthma. Thank you both for your answers which I will take under consideration.

I'm not one to trust the holistic method. So I want to do more research. That's why I follow this board.

My next questions is: because I have COPD, I'm not lone a-fib? I still haven't been able to figure out why type I am.

Thanks,
Debbi
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login