Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dr Williams' Nattokinase ok??

Posted by Elizabeth Mitchell 
Elizabeth Mitchell
Dr Williams' Nattokinase ok??
January 12, 2007 06:47PM
hello there,
please, does anyone know if Dr. David Williams' Nattokinase is 'good' (for blood thinning)?

here is link to his product:
[www.drdavidwilliams.com]

it claims:
"Our nattokinase offers only the patented NSK-SD™ formulation, which has its naturally-occurring vitamin K removed. Plus, unlike some others, this product gives you a full 2,000 FU (fibrin units) per day, the dosage recommended by Dr. Sumi and other leading researchers."

i already bought 6 bottles (for discounted price) but am not sure if i should keep taking this brand of Natto as i have read that you guys seem to take the 'food' source of Natto.
am a little confused....

i appreciate any help..
thank you,
Elizabeth

Emmie
Re: Dr Williams' Nattokinase ok??
January 12, 2007 10:20PM
Hello Elizabeth,
Well, the brand you have bought certainly seems to cover all bases in it's claims. While that particular brand is not on Jackie's 'approved' nattokinase list, that could be because it wasn't tested at all.
Like you, I had also bought nattokinase capsules at a bulk discount price and my brand made the same claims as yours. Unfortunately they were not on the approved list either, so I returned them for a refund and got another (more expensive) brand that was on the list.
Other folk from this BB who use the actual natto food will be able to answer your query about that but I can tell you that I've been taking nattokinase capsules for about 8 months, instead of warfarin/coumadin.
I have permanent afib and am still here, so either they're working or I've been very lucky!
I have to admit I feel safer, knowing I'm now taking an approved brand.
You can find the list of approved brands by using the 'search' function in the green bar at the top of this page. Click on the word 'search' and when the white box comes up, type in: nattokinase update, and you'll find Jackie's post.
best wishes,
Emmie
Re: Dr Williams' Nattokinase ok??
January 13, 2007 01:23AM
Elizabeth - I have no idea if Dr. Williams nattokinase is made of the accepted enzyme - anyone can label it NSK-SD as there is no policing of labels. His brand was not on my approved list.

As far as getting the enzymes from the natto food, it is not recommended for people who have active afib due to the uncontrolled or undetermined quantity of menaquinone 7 or vitamin K2 content of the food product. MK 7 has a long half-life in the body and could become pro-clotting rather than help with keeping the blood thin.

You can read more in the Conference Room Sessions 39 and 40 - about the use of the enzyme.

Jackie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login