Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Other CCF EP's beside Natale?

Posted by Buster 
Buster
Other CCF EP's beside Natale?
October 17, 2003 07:27AM
The Cleveland Clinic website lists four other MD's, in addition to Dr. Natale, who perform PVI ablations. One, Dr. Tchou, has been commented on positively in several posts. I do not recall seeing anything about the other three, Drs. Marrouche, Saliba and Schweikert.
I was curious if anyone knew how the success rates and waiting times for these four compare with Natale's? Dr. Natale seems to be getting all of our business.

Buster mixed
J. Pisano
Re: Other CCF EP's beside Natale?
October 17, 2003 07:52AM
Buster,
I have a scheduled ablation with Dr. Tchou in January. I have done a good deal of research on him, both here and other places and am confident he is one of the best. As for the others, I do know that have performed a number of ablations, but I haven't heard from anyone who has employeed them to do their ablations.......
FWIW,
Joe
Hans Larsen
October 17, 2003 08:39AM
Buster,

My recent survey included two afibbers who had had their ablations done by Dr. Saliba (under the supervision of Dr. Natale) and one done by Dr. Schweikert. All three were successful and no unsuccessful ablations were attributed to these two doctors.

Hans
Kathy
October 21, 2003 06:39AM
I see Dr. Schweikert on 11/24 to get a 2nd opinion regarding a 2nd ablation to help with the number of PACs, atrial flutter, and sinus tachycardia I'm experiencing. I had a PVI ablation on 8/4.
njb
October 21, 2003 03:10PM
I had my ablation at Cleveland clinic on August 4.
Were you evalutated for pulmonary stenosis?
I think this will be done via a CATSCAN(spiral) if I ever get a definate followup appt.
NJB
Char
October 21, 2003 05:46PM
Kathy,
Did you experience any atrial flutter or sinus tachycardia before your PVI ablation on 8/4...or were you ablated for flutter also at that time? How are they differentiating sinus tachycardia from atrial flutter other than by heart rate? I had a PVI at CC on 8/12 for AF only, but developed almost constant AFlutter about three weeks later. In flutter my heart rate is quite variable and, therefore, more tolerable at times than at other times. At 185+ bpm I nearly pass out. At 120 bpm I am really tired and somewhat short of breath, but don't feel nearly as bad although I try to avoid anything that increases heart rate even higher. When I transmit it they always say it is flutter (even at 120 bpm). Let us know what Dr. Schweikert says is the best course now...your situation is so similar to mine.

When I transmitted a course of flutter at 185 bpm, I was told that Dr. Natale said to schedule me for a re-do....I guess they term it 'touch-up.'
Right now the 'flutter' has slowed to about 120-125 bpm. This is the sixth day at that rate. I don't get many PACs...that I recognize anyway.
Flutter, to me, is much harder to deal with because nothing I have tried slows it down or converts it for very long. Let us know how/what you do and the very best of luck to you, Char
Char
October 21, 2003 05:56PM
njb,
CC will schedule you for a spiral MRI, echo, and lab work at 3-4 months post-ablation to evaluate for pulmonary stenosis. If they miss you with a scheduled appointment, call them.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login