Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Texas Heart Institute

Posted by Glenn Camp 
Glenn Camp
Texas Heart Institute
December 18, 2003 03:38PM
Pam does Texas Heart Institute and Methodist Hospital in Houston do PVA's? I wouldn't want to take my dog to Parkland in Dallas and also to any hospital in Ft. worth either. I know Baylor Hospital in Dallas doesn't do them, so I 've been told. My cardiologist and EP in Tyler, Texas claims all that can be done for me is increase medications and change some of them. But I have been corresponding with Clevenland Heart Clinic and am going to have my records faxed to them along with the latest Afib strips and we'll do the $565.00 long distance survey to see if I qualify for PVA.

Glenn Camp
Pam
Re: Texas Heart Institute
December 18, 2003 10:46PM
Hi Glenn:
I don't know anything about any of those hospitals except the three I mentioned, as I was copying their ratings out of US News and World Report. They rate hospitals in general and then by specialty. The stats that I quoted before are with regard to heart and heart surgery.
It sounds like yours is a complicated case; and all the more reason that, if it was me, I would set my sights on the best, which is CCF (rated #1 in cardiology) - even though it would mean travel and hotel expenses. I think that pulmonary vein ablation is too new and not many places have developed the expertise and the track record that CCF has, especially in a complicated case.
Bite the bullet.
Get with the best.

Good Luck and let us know about your "long distance survey".
Pam
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login