Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

CCF Tchou continued

Posted by J. Pisano 
J. Pisano
CCF Tchou continued
October 15, 2003 11:50AM
Hello all. Thanks for your responses, as always this board is an amazing source of comfort and information.

Oh, I forgot an incidental that I found curious. I asked both of them about the effects of stress on this condition.....Dr. Tchou told me that since I exercise vigourously and don't go into afib that stress probably was not an offender for me "since stress puts the same type of strain on the heart system as exercise"... I don't know about that... Your comments... Anyway, Dr. Jones, seemed to be less convinced about that statement....FWIW....

To answer some of the questions.....

I didn't mean to say that there was no carto mapping in the first procedure, their answer seemed to say is was not an extensive mapping. I cannot answer as to why this is....The did say that it was absolutely necessary to find the offendind foci, the 2nd time through a more comprehensive mapping....

I know he told me the procedure would take from 3-6 hours. I would be active the next day, could to light moving around the next day. In three days I would be free to do normal duty things. In 1 week, I could resume light exercise above and beyond the day to day....

Carol,
I used to take higher doses of calcium, but I found it caused me a perceived problem with the arrythmia.... I have just started (1 week ago) taking about an extra 500 mg now.
I drink at least 8-10, ounce glasses of water per day....
I do believe I have some reactive problem with sugar...however I have noticed that their are times when my blood sugar is low.... <70 and also high >200. I can't seem to quantify this..... Most of the time it is regular.....
One thing I have noticed for sure is this, no matter what I do the lower the amount of carbohydrate I have, the more sick, (HOT, sweaty, agitated, flu like) I become....Perhaps this is an offset of two much protein? Which led to think I had kidney problems..(I don't...... but this is a vicous cycle, one thing leading to the next...It's hard to not come off as a hypocondriac sp?....)
Any thoughts on that? The only way I found to loose weight (I'm 190 pounds, 5'9") is to stay on a lower carb diet (no, not a NO carb diet). I just can't seem to figure out why I get this way.............

I am leaning toward the ablation at this point. I am going to have my internist get me on the list... so at least I'm on it.
J. Pisano
One more incidental...
October 15, 2003 12:02PM
They asked me what sources of information I used to find about afib.........I told them some books, and about this board and how I believed it to be the premeire afib site on the web. They asked if I used used medhelp.org, I told them I had been on it, but did not find it as useful..... I told him that I didn't find the answers in depth enough...... .....Turns our Dr. Jones is one of the MDs that responds on that site.... (Woops!) Anyway, he told me that he appreciatec my honesty and that he sometimes keeps his answers vague on purpose....He also said that he would try to be more direct now....... Anyway I thought that was kind of notable........
Fran
Re: One more incidental...
October 16, 2003 05:52AM
Babs

The sweating, flu like symptoms etc when you go low carb could be your body detoxifying. What happens when you eliminate sugar, grain, potatoes type carbs is that all the sugars, toxins etc that are stored in the cells are released. For me it caused an awful lot of peeing. But for you it may be that it is coming out through the pores aswell. Double check about your kidneys.. If you have gone into ketosis then try eating more veggies and fruit to keep your electrolytes up.

Fran
Fran
Re: One more incidental...
October 16, 2003 05:55AM
Sorry that was supposed to be too J Pisano

Fran
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login