Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ABLATION COMPLETED NO AF

Posted by DENEICE 
DENEICE
ABLATION COMPLETED NO AF
October 14, 2003 07:47AM
HELLO EVERYONE,

I'VE POSTED BEFORE. I HAD AN ABLATION COMPLETED BY DR. WHARTON OF MEDICAL UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH CAROLINA. I AM QUITE BUSY, SO TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT, MY PULMONARY VEINS WERE TOO SMALL. THIS SENT A RED FLAG THAT A-FIB WAS QUESTIONABLE. HE COULD NOT HAVE ABLATED THEM DUE TO THE LIKELYHOOD OF STENOSIS. HE STATED HE HAD TO FIND THE EXACT AREAS THAT TRIGGERED MY RESPONSE. 5 HOURS LATER HE FOUND ME TO HAVE NON RE-ENTRANT DUAL AV NODAL TACHYCARDIA. MY AV NODE HAD AN EXTRA PATHWAY THAT WAS CAUSING MY ARRHYTHMIA. FOR EVERY 1 ATRIAL BEAT THERE IS 2 VENTRICULAR BEATS. HE WAS ABLE TO COMPLETE A SIMPLE ABLATION OF A PORTION OF MY AV NODE. I STAYED OVERNIGHT. NORMAL SINUS RHYTHM TO DATE. PROCEDURE COMPLETED ON 10/08/03. HOME ON 1 ASPRIN PER DAY.

I HAD A LOCAL ELECTROPHYSIOLOGIST WHO DID MY FIRST EP STUDY AND DIAGNOSED ME WITH A-FIB. BECAUSE OF SEVERAL ADJUSTMENTS WITH MEDS AND MY AGE, HE REFERRED ME TO DR. WHARTON. DR. WHARTON STATED THAT IN FACT THE HOLTER MONITORS, EVENT MONITORS, AND EP STUDY DID IN FACT LOOK LIKE A-FIB, BUT WHEN HE CAME FACE TO FACE WITH ME AND MY ANATOMY, THIS WAS NOT THE CASE. WHAT I WAS EXPERIENCING DID LOOK AND FEEL LIKE FIB. HE STATES AFTER REVIEWING OLD STRIPS, HE WAS ABLE TO LINK THE AV NODE REENTRANT TO THOSE RECORDINGS.

I AM RESEARCHING THIS PRESENTLY, SO I AM NOT OF AN AUTHORITY ON THIS. I HAVE SEVERAL QUESTIONS FOR MY LOCAL MD AS TO THE MISS DIAGNOSIS. HE DID THE FIRST EP STUDY, WAS IT THAT EASY MISS OR WAS IT THAT COMPLEX TO FIGURE OUT???

IN ANY EVENT I FEEL WONDERFUL!!! I THANK GOD FOR THE BLESSING!!! I WILL CHECK IN TOMORROW, OR LATER TONIGHT IF I HAVE THE TIME. GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL.
njb
Re: ABLATION COMPLETED NO AF
October 14, 2003 11:19AM
Deneice,

Congratulations!

During the past 5 years that I've been diagnosed with arrythmias, I have received many conflicting opinions & uncertain opinions about the results of my EKGS.

Two of the purported experts said they weren't sure what the diagnosis was & wouldn't be able to tell until they did an EP study.

After my 3rd ablation for atrial flutter I had gone to sleep knowing that I was finally in NSR. Then about 3 a.m. I was told that I had gone back into flutter. I felt extremely dissappointed & depressed. My EP was not around. However, when he made rounds the next day, he said the others had made a mistake. It wasn't flutter. It was atrial fibrillation. He said "that's why I get paid the big bucks."

Very recently a "fellow" doctor said I had afib about 9 weeks after my pulmonary vein ablation. Later the nurse informed me that the EP "thought" it was PACS. Sometimes I really wonder if it's all just a "best guess".

Here's to your continued success.

njb
yypo
Re: ABLATION COMPLETED NO AF
October 15, 2003 05:25AM
NJB-suggest you go to the Cleveland Clinic the next time. Their are far too many cardiologists out there that claim they know when they are totally out of date.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login