Advanced

In reply to robin

Posted by Fran 
Fran
In reply to robin
October 14, 2003 06:54AM
Author: robin (---.sot3.cable.ntl.com)
Date: 10-14-03 08:02

Hi Fran been away a bit but I have a question since my cardio version on august the first I had a another attack it was about a month ago now that shock my world again but I dont understand the reasons

My passion is chinese food msg and all. I know this is a trigger for some people but But after feeding my face with the stuff and I mean alot one evening felt fine a bit full but apart from that ok fell a sleep on the sofa then woke up went to go and drink some water and wow heart went in to first gear and raced off doing 275bbm it lasted all night and eventually calmed down about 7am.
My question is do you think it was the msg that triggered it off or was it the water the amount was a pint and it went down really fast I am bit confused as I am off msg where I can help it right now.

Just to throw something in the equation I had the same food 2 days after the cardio version and nothing not a blimp

any ideas"

Hi Robin

I moved your post here. So I hope you find it.

Without a doubt in my mind it was the Chinese. If you react like this to Chinese then you are intolerant and will have ongoing problems. Your body will tolerate it less and less as time goes on. In the early days you will get away with some MSG without symptoms but these will build up and build up. So you will never get out of the cycle. Eventually it will become chronic - it may take a good 10 years or so. By this time even an over ripe tomato or a supplement filler could set you off.

If you read what I said about build up of MSG you will understand the reason why you got away with the Chinese 2 days after your cardioversion. But the levels are getting higher, or perhaps the MSG had depleted too much Mg, taurine etc so you would be getting riper for another episode.

Drinking water fast will also trigger the vagal nerve. MSG will have sensitised it as well. So a double whammy. I can drink a lot of cold water now but as I have no free glutamate toxicity I seem to get away with it. I personally am convinced that glutamate toxicity is the underlying reason for AF, for the depletion of vital vitamins and minerals and many of the other amino acids. I do think that focussing on minerals etc is all well and good, but it is more important to stop the depletion from happening. In my mind the underlying cause...

Fran
robin
Re: In reply to fran
October 14, 2003 07:16PM
Many thanks Fran for that I have found your post I am gutted I have 1 kg bag of msg in the cuboard that i have to bin As I need alot of chinese cooking I am not gutted about the the bag just the fact fact I am without the food my only vice.

Saying that I am off to a chinese tonight at a restaurant. I dont know how I am going to play this one perhaps boiled rice with chilli oil and thats it. I have worked in some resaturants so I have a rough idea where they put it in (ie peking duck dont have it) so I am ok there but with the rest of the stuff i am bu****ed (not good!!!!!!!!)

Will this msg problem pass given time I have been of processed food for some time trying to miss the msg there but it is every where!

in regards to
If you read what I said about build up of MSG you will understand the reason why you got away with the Chinese 2 days after your cardioversion. But the levels are getting higher, or perhaps the MSG had depleted too much Mg, taurine etc so you would be getting riper for another episode.

I have been hitting the resaurants hard would acount for the build up virtually 2 twice a week after the cardio version

can you send me the post on the build up of msg just send it to my email address I would appreciated it a lot so I can really understand this problem that I seem to have

many thanks fran

kind regards robin
Fran
October 15, 2003 05:20AM
Robin

You could ask for stir fried veggies and meat, with no sauce or additives etc. I cooked a sort of chinese stir fry tonight. I fried lots of garlic, chilli and cumin seeds in oil then added 2 onion, 5 minute steaks cut into strips, 1 red pepper, 1 green pepper, 8 mushrooms, and 2 pak choi. Just before serving I squezed half a lemon over it and some roughly shredded corriander leaf. It was delicious and served two and only took 5 minutes to cook.

Go to this site

[www.msgmyth.com]

and read up on MSG. There is also a forum where you can lots of feedback for your questions regarding build up etc.

Best of luck.

Fran
Rhonda
October 15, 2003 06:57AM
Fran,

You have been a ray of hope for my husband, and I want you to know how much I appreciate you, and what you do at this forum. My deepest thanks.

Could you please tell me what oil and chilis you used in your stir fry, as I'm trying to come up with some variety at home? This has been a difficult transition. I tried coconut oil, but didn't like the flavor, and can't seem to find lard.

Richard is coming home tonight with many good things to share. I wanted so badly to be there with him, because we have studied so closely together, and I was afraid I would miss something, or he would forget to tell me everything that Dr. Gersten had to say. But guess what? Dr. Gersten taped their 3 hour meeting. I thought that was such a thoughtful thing for a doctor to do. I was with Richard, at his first appointment, and I must say, that Dr. Gersten was probably the kindest and most gentle doctor I have ever been around.

Thank you,

Rhonda
Fran
October 15, 2003 07:52AM
Tonight I used beef dripping but was wishing I had some sesame oil left (I know the omega 6 is not good - but once in a while!!) I didn't want to use the walnut oil I had or the olive oil as I thought it might oxidise at the high heat. I don't stir fry very often but was painting at the new house all day again today and needed something quick and tasty an hour past nomal tea time.

Perhaps you could find a milder coconut oil - the one I found by Pride (maybe only UK) does not have a strong taste - any chance yours had gone rancid? Perhaps mine is too refined.

I don't know what type of chillis I use. They are about and inch and half long, thin and red (showing my ignorance here but they are few and far between here). I sometimes also use chilli flakes. This is dried but I know that the producer does not use any preservatives in the drying process.

I think that Richard might have found a big part of his culprit in his molybdenum level. His Dr really sounds thorough. My only worry with taking minerals would be that taking one alone might put all the others out - and I would loose my base line. Its great you work so closely with Richard and he has such an ali in you.

Fran
Rhonda
October 15, 2003 09:40AM
Thank you Fran. I hadn't even thought about sesame oil. Yes, the coconut oil I have is organic, unrefined, for full flavor use, so I'll try to find something a bit less "full flavored". It's solid like lard. You're right about being careful in taking single minerals, as it can throw out the balance, but I think Dr. Gersten covered all angles. He also told Richard that within a few weeks he would be a different person. He related a story to an attorney he helped. He said that the atty. had forgotten he had a personality, and that all the people in his office even noticed, after following the doctor's regimen. I think that it was more to do with tryptophan, however.

I do love my husband very much, and can't imagine life without him, so I want to help him through this. I have to say that it's been a blessing in many ways, as we have learned so much, and in turn, are helping everyone around us. We get calls, as if we're doctors. Most people are very receptive and tired of the drug protocol. I do get the comments, however, about my smoking and studying health. We can't be perfect, right. In due time, I hope to give it up.

Rhonda
Pam
October 23, 2003 02:47AM
Fran: What about chinese 5 spice and perhaps peanut oil or sesame oil?
Pam
Fran
October 23, 2003 08:25AM
Didn't see your post Pam.

I would grind up the 5 spices myself. Ground star anise, ground sichuan pepper, ground cinnamon, ground fennel seeds and ground cloves
I have been caught out too many times by using store bought spices who like to add extra oomph. I sometimes use sesame oil. I avoid peanut oil as I follow a paleo diet and peanuts are beans.

Fran
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login