Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

blurryness

Posted by jerry 
jerry
blurryness
December 01, 2003 01:21PM
Does anyone with affib who is on lanoxin (digoxin), toprol, coumadin- get periods of constant blurryness where they see everything in a blurrry (streaky) kind of way? Its not doublevision and is more of just unclear- It goes way in a few hours or a day-happens in nsr or affib-I see (no pun intended) its a potential side effect of lanoxin and wonder if anyone elae experiences this?
jerry
Debbi
Re: blurryness
December 01, 2003 01:43PM
jerry,
I've notice blurriness also, but I just had eye surgeries within the past few months and was thinking it was due to eye surgeries or allergies.

Now I wonder.

Debbi
Peggy Merrill
December 01, 2003 09:31PM
When i was taking digoxin it made me very, very tired all the time and i would run out of strength on just one flight of stairs but i never noticed any visual effects. The reason i quit taking it was one month i began to run out of it at a time when i wasn't able to refill it amd i began taking it every other day to try and conserve it, and i found that on the days i didn't take it i felt much better. I had a lot more energy and could climb stairs just fine. At that time i didn't know that digoxin is contraindicated for vagal afibbers which i think i am. Found that out here, much much later.
Peggy
Garry
December 02, 2003 06:24AM
Gerry: I had occasional blurriness when waking up in the morning when using coumadin. Once I stopped (2nd and third op's) the problem disappeared. Presently i use betapace. Gary
Babs
December 02, 2003 06:27AM
Im on warfarin.. I had noticed my eyes being more blurred than usual and i know it had nothing to do with my cataracts. I have had one done now.

Babs
Hans Larsen
December 02, 2003 09:24AM
Jerry,

Digoxin can most certainly cause visual problems (1). I am not sure if warfarin can but there are several reports in the medical literature of it causing massive retinal bleeding after prolonged use.

Hans

(1) Butler, Vincent P. et al. Digitalis-induced visual disturbances with therapeutic serum digitalis concentrations. Annals of Internal Medicine, Vol 123, No. 9, November 1, 1995, pp. 676-80.
Bob G
December 02, 2003 10:43AM
I had bluriness and halo's that were yellowish problems when I was on Lanoxin. Now i have an AV Node ablation, and lanoxin is not able to get through per the Dr. I also take coumadin and have no bluriness with that. Could be the Lanoxin.

Bob G
Tom L
December 03, 2003 01:00AM
Debbie,

What kind of eye surgery have you had.

I had cataract surgery and lens replacment if my left eye about 3 months ago and have had recurring cloudyness several times. Its like having a real dirty contact lens, but by the time I get to my eye surgeon, it has cleared up. They are baffelled but are calling it pigment dispersion syndrome or even possibly PossnerSchlossman syndrome.

Jerry,
I would go to an opthamologist while your eyes are cloudy.

Tom L
Debbi
Tom L
December 03, 2003 01:38PM
I had cataract surgery the last week of August in right, then had a lens implant to replace left one I lost due to eye injury in 1994.

I asked the eye surgeon about it because I'm still having soreness in my left eye. He wants to see me again, so I guess I'll go in.

My left eye was more difficult because of scar tissue etc., will report more info when I see surgeon.

Debbi
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login