Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Belching and Afib

Posted by Howie 
Howie
Belching and Afib
October 12, 2003 02:12AM
Some time ago I read that you can force yourself to to belch by gently pressing your fingers under your breast bone. It works for me. I am wondering if anyone who has 'episodes' has ever tried this technique as perhaps the pressure that is relieved in the chest area might help the heart to function with less stress.
kestra
Re: Belching and Afib
October 12, 2003 04:51PM
I have a lot of gas and bloating and can easily make myself belch just by pressing in on my midriff with even a very mild pressure or just fluttering my fingers against my midriff. It does seem to release a lot of pressure on something (the vagus nerve?) that seems to cause my heart to flutter a little more. I am doing so as I write this, having woken up about an hour ago with a pounding heart, feeling like I was going to go into afib, sigh. I am trying to figure out how to avoid going into afib. But I do know for me the bloating is connected.
Bill
Re: Belching and Afib
October 14, 2003 03:15AM
Belching has started AF with me on many occasions. Conversely, the sensation of gas moving around inside my stomach/gut has often preceded the termination of AF. Although not the whole story, I am convinced that there is a conection between digestion and AF.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login