Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

POTASSIUM - Arrhythmia or High Blood Pressure? The Overlooked Electrolyte! PLUS MORE

Posted by Todd 
POTASSIUM - Arrhythmia or High Blood Pressure? The Overlooked Electrolyte! PLUS MORE
March 03, 2024 10:57AM
[www.youtube.com]
POTASSIUM (K) is a critical electrolyte that works across cell membranes in conjunction with Sodium. It is part of the mechanism that allows for the correct passage of chemicals through the membranes. Most people are deficient in Potassium to some degree. An extreme deficiency is known as Hypokalemia.

This link below has the rest of the short video's you can go through. When you see how many there are, don't try to watch them all in the same day. #arrhythmia [www.youtube.com]
One of them concerns the liver and AF.
Re: POTASSIUM - Arrhythmia or High Blood Pressure? The Overlooked Electrolyte! PLUS MORE
March 03, 2024 11:52AM
Todd
Most people are deficient in Potassium to some degree.

I don't believe that's at all true. If you have healthy kidneys, it's actually quite difficult to alter your potassium levels for more than a brief period of time. No matter what you do your body will regulate itself back to its natural set point very rapidly if you try to raise your potassium levels with supplements. I know this very well because I spent two years trying to increase my potassium levels from my body's natural set point of 3.6 and I can tell you it's quite difficult. It requires prescription strength supplements and potassium-sparing drugs, which by the way almost no doctor will be willing to prescribe. The potassium supplements you can buy are all a complete waste of money because the more you consume, the more potassium you'll just pee right back out.
Re: POTASSIUM - Arrhythmia or High Blood Pressure? The Overlooked Electrolyte! PLUS MORE
March 03, 2024 12:17PM
My potassium levels are 4.5. I got a Rx I take 20mcq BID. I noticed the difference if I skip a pill.
I was given two large white tablets to take when my first ablation failed at six days out. In the ER, when I asked, they said my potassium was low. I eat potatoes most days, about a quarter cup of peanut butter, daily, eat beets, pistachios, drink coconut water....all with plenty of potassium in them, but........

BTW. and not meaning to change the particular electrolyte topic, it's the very same for magnesium. Many/most people who don't eat leafy greens or eat nuts and other suppliers of Mg are deficient. I could go on about D3...grossly deficient if you live north of CA and don't supplement by about 3000-5000 IU daily.

Carey is right to include the caveat about healthy kidneys, but also a healthy endocrine system, no Cushings or Hashimoto's, and other disorders that weaken the body's ability to take up and to put to work all the useful elements, amino acids, etc.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login