Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Natale from out of state and time frames

Posted by MeganMN 
Natale from out of state and time frames
December 26, 2023 12:05AM
I am on the waiting list for a consult with Natale and am expecting to have that happen sometime in April or May, which is fine because I need my heart to heal from the last ablation and pericarditis. They are a preferred provider with my insurance, which is also fantastic. If he decides that I am a candidate for ablation in Austin, do you guys know what kind of lead time he ends up having? Just curious if you have any experience with that. Would be nice to be looking at sometime this next year. Should have listens to Carey and gone to him first.......sigh.....
Re: Natale from out of state and time frames
December 26, 2023 08:11AM
My understanding is they triage cases, based on severity. Have a local friend, a 19 year afibber, who consulted with Natale for an ablation last summer and it was looking like a number of months. He tweaked his supplement regime and was able to improve his situation enough to postpone an ablation for the time being. He is on 50 mg flec BID as well.
December 26, 2023 09:54AM
Most patients end up waiting a couple of months. As George mentioned, they can speed things up if the situation warrants, but it doesn't sound like you have a need for that. I'm a little surprised by the April/May timeframe for a consult. That's the soonest they can manage?
December 26, 2023 11:53AM
Thanks for the replies. Yes, April or May was the earliest for a consult! Like I said, I'm not worried about it because I think I should have at least 6 months in between attempts and am going to try the vagal nerve stimulation as well.
December 26, 2023 12:34PM
His ablation schedule depends on many things as he travels a lot, teaches a lot, and participates in many conferences. My situation was a different from yours in that it was a first ablation and he had accepted me, after studying my medical records, but before I had my telemedicine consult. In the consult he responded to my questions and explained that he was pretty sure that I would need an extensive ablation and quite possibly a touchup later. As he had to isolate my LAA, he did a few minutes of touch up when he later placed a Watchman. As I remember, when I had my consult, the ablation had already been scheduled for a couple of months later. When they schedule you, they give you a choice of several dates (unless you are being scheduled through the waitlist) so that you can check flights, hotels etc.
December 26, 2023 03:10PM
I had my first ablation with Natale in late September. Mine, like Daisy's was pretty extensive (I had already had two before Natale) and he had to ablate the LAA as well. I'm now awaiting the appointment for my touchup which I expect in February or March. From the time I called them initially to the first ablation with Natale was about three months.

JohnG
December 28, 2023 03:39PM
Hi, Megan, I had my video visit with him in mid September, and I have my ablation next week on the 4th of January!
He is a busy man for sure!
Best to you!
Rich
December 28, 2023 05:47PM
RichS63
Hi, Megan, I had my video visit with him in mid September, and I have my ablation next week on the 4th of January!
He is a busy man for sure!
Best to you!
Rich

Best wishes Rich--let us know how it goes!
December 30, 2023 08:51AM
does he do it in LA?
December 30, 2023 11:38AM
Dovewing
does he do it in LA?

I believe Los Robles once a month, though the word is that the tech & team are best in Austin.
December 30, 2023 03:12PM
GeorgeN

does he do it in LA?

I believe Los Robles once a month, though the word is that the tech & team are best in Austin.

And the longer-term post-ablation support is better out of Austin.
January 30, 2024 12:24AM
I received a call today from Natale's team! Unfortunately, I have to wait until April 29th for my consult because of my work schedule, but I am okay with that because of needing to heal up from Pericarditis. Yay!
January 30, 2024 07:00AM
Great news MeganMN. My touch up ablation and Watchman placement is now scheduled for March 12

JohnG
January 30, 2024 11:30AM
Great news MeganMN. My touch up ablation and Watchman placement is now scheduled for March 12

JohnG
January 30, 2024 12:52PM
I spoke with him yesterday, My initial appointment was moved up from March due to a cancellation, I am waiting to get on the ablation schedule, I shall let you know, he said 1-2 months but I don't think he knows as he is not controlling the schedule. HIs assistant said 2-4 months when I spoke to her a couple of weeks ago...I am a relatively straightforward case (first diagnosed episode in November, PACs and tachycardia since). I am also in state so It may be easier ...I don't know...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login