Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Food question regarding miso

Posted by LaDonna 
Food question regarding miso
December 08, 2023 08:15AM
Hi everyone, I dont know id anyone else has heard something similar. But I thought that I recalled hearing how eating things like miso or fermented foods can have a negetive inmpact of afib? Has anyone else heard this? Thank you
Re: Food question regarding miso
December 08, 2023 12:24PM
LaDonna
Hi everyone, I dont know id anyone else has heard something similar. But I thought that I recalled hearing how eating things like miso or fermented foods can have a negetive inmpact of afib? Has anyone else heard this? Thank you

I've not heard this & I eat miso, kim chi & sauerkraut daily without issue.
December 08, 2023 12:42PM
I don't eat fermented products often, but I did go through a chunk of kimchi last year. I was already in AF and not doing well, awaiting a catheter ablation. I didn't notice that the ingestion of kimchi added to my AF burden. And, I have seen nothing until just above suggesting that such foods exacerbate AF.
December 08, 2023 11:45PM
miso is usually made from soy, anything with soy gives me aura migraines, They say if it is fermented so it is ok, but soy is not a healthy product so i stay away from all of it.

liz
December 09, 2023 03:53PM
Absolute predictable trigger for me. Do a trial on yourself to answer the question.
A couple sites below:

[www.google.com]

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

Jeff
December 10, 2023 03:58AM
I think fermented foods have higher levels of Tyramine which can be a trigger.
Tyramine is a trigger for me occasionally. I think when I have too many of those type of foods together.
If I am in Afib then eating them doesn't make it worse.
December 10, 2023 04:36PM
I can't eat it. I *might* get away with a little but if I eat it steadily it will upset my heart. Any salt is a no-no for me too.
December 12, 2023 04:01PM
Food/drink is so individualized. I had some Miso soup the other day with some sushi and a bottle of light beer and no problems. On the other hand, anything with carbonation like a diet coke can set things off as well as too big of a high fat meal.

Jim

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2023 04:02PM by mjamesone.
January 13, 2024 05:14AM
For me Tyramine is 100% my biggest and maybe only trigger.
After being AFib free for 3 years I changed my diet to including lots of cheese because of stomach issues and had 3 AFib attacks in a few months with lots of daily PAC's after reading a few posts on here I cut out the cheese and all fermented foods and for the last 6 months have been AFib free and almost no PAC's, on 2 occasions I tried a small amount of food with tyramine content and noticed increased PAC's within a few hours.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login