propafenone
December 02, 2023 02:45PM
Does anyone have experience in Taking propafenone (Rythmol) to control afib
Re: propafenone
December 02, 2023 09:47PM
I would guess quite a few, my self included,
December 02, 2023 10:55PM
It's in the same class of antiarrhythmics as flecainide so largely interchangeable, and I bet the majority of people here have been on flecainide at some point.
December 03, 2023 01:04PM
alfrae13
Does anyone have experience in Taking propafenone (Rythmol) to control afib

Member Elizabeth (Liz) took it for many years, until it quit working. Here is a search on her posts on this topic: [www.afibbers.org]

Others have mentioned it as well. Here is a search on this topic more generally: [www.afibbers.org]

I have a local friend that used it for many years PIP (on demand). In the last year or two, he switched to flecainide (which he's now taking chronically at a low dose of 50 mg 2x/day), but I don't recall the specifics.
December 03, 2023 08:40PM
Isn’t it in the same family as flecainide? I had to stop flec because I went into vtach and was told both drugs share similar properties.
December 03, 2023 08:45PM
susan.d
Isn’t it in the same family as flecainide? I had to stop flec because I went into vtach and was told both drugs share similar properties.

Yes, though chemically different and propafenone has beta blocking properties built in.
Flec:        C17H20F6N2O3
Propafenone: C21H27NO3
December 03, 2023 11:09PM
Same class of drugs, not the same drug. There are differences but the antiarrhythmic properties are achieved by the same mechanism of action, so they're largely interchangeable and if you're told not to take one, you shouldn't take the other.
December 19, 2023 12:04AM
I’ve been on Propafenone for nearly a year and it has worked wonders for me.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login