Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

KAL Magnesium Glycinate update

Posted by Shannon 
Shannon
KAL Magnesium Glycinate update
November 13, 2003 05:28AM
Sorry for the delay in getting back on this but I spoke with a Tech at KAL nutracueticals and he said that the 'KAL Magnesium Glycinate 400' (which has 400 mg within two tablets) is 100% bioavaible or elemental magnesium. Their product is made under the strict standards of US pharmicuetical title 22 which means that it is randomly tested for purity, potentcy and bioavailablity.

It has far more "raw" magnesium in the tablets than 400 mg, but each tablet has 200mg of true elemental magnesium glycinate in it and the chelating process they use to make it so bioavailable is the Albion Labs process.

I've found this product to be the single best help I've gotten so far by taking three tablets (600mg of elemental magnesium) a day with meals. It has dramatically reduced my PAC's and I've had no AFIB for almost 3 months! Though much of the drop off in AFIB happened when they switched my pacemaker from DDDR mode to AAIR mode in August, I still had a lot of PAC runs each day until I started this product about 6 weeks ago and now PACs are very rare and short lived.

The great thing is you get no loose stool, and so you not only actually get the full benefit of the proper elemental magnesium amount in the body, but you aren't losing all the other nutirent in supplemtns and food through magnesium induced bowel intolerance and loose stool which was always the catch 22 with other forms of magnesium.

Shannon vagal 51 male
Erling
Re: KAL Magnesium Glycinate update
November 13, 2003 06:49AM
Shannon,

There might be other significant reasons for the efficacy of the glycinate form of magnesium in AF, besides those attributed to the magnesium. Glycinate = glycine, an amino acid known for being a "wound healer", but also for it's similar action to taurine in stabilizing electrically excitable tissues. From the book The Healing Nutrients Within by Eric Braverman, MD, and Carl Pfeiffer, MD, PhD:

"Glycine and taurine have virtually identical action on neurons during experimental conditions - both are calming." "Glycine, taurine, and GABA are the major inhibitory neurotransmitters." "Unlike GABA, glycine is present in appreciable amounts throughout mammalian tissues."

Erling ex 75 male
Carol
November 13, 2003 09:38AM
Glad to hear that magnesium glycinate has helped you.

Even though I had recently a stretch of nights with PVCs - but no afib! - due to pushing myself too hard, I am now back on course with no afib and no pvcs.

I still believe that in addition to managing stress, magnesium and glycinate are key in quelling afib

- Carol
Mike F. V42
November 13, 2003 10:01AM
I too am back on it........ but just 2x100mg/day to start with and I'll work slowly up to 600mg or so/day over the next couple of months. I found just diving in at the deep end with 800/day gave me MORE ectopy.

Mike F.
Steve
Where is the best place to...
November 13, 2003 11:03AM
purchase KAL Mg? I have looked online, but don't recognize these sites. I'd appreciate some help regarding the best site to buy KAL Mg and be sure that this is what I am buying. Thanx..... Steve
Carol
Re: Where is the best place to...
November 13, 2003 11:46PM
Steve,
It is available at many health food stores. Whole Foods (Bread and Circus in the northeast) sells it in their stores. Or ask your nearest health food store to order it for you.

There are other brands, too. I think Jackie mentioned Megatonics ?? Search around in the past posts under magnesium.
Carol
Re: Where is the best place to...
November 14, 2003 03:57AM
About magnesium glycinate availability..... I believe it was PC who found KAL brand just by typing in KAL magnesium glycinate on google. It seems I recall it was very economical.

www.iherb.com is an excellent resource for supplements and while they don't have the KAL brand (or at least I didn't see it), they do carry a brand by Doctor's Best - which is also very reliable.

check this out: [store.yahoo.com]

I don't work for iherb or have any connection with them other than a customer, but I find their prices to be excellent and their service without peer. If it's a chore to find a healthfood store in your area, try iherb online. They give you a discount for new customers and a discount for returning customers as well.

The other resource provided by Lorraine of this forum is Willner Chemists -
Very fast and prompt service - You can get the Metagenics brand - Mag Glycinate there and I believe also the Pure Encapsulations brand as well

Just call and ask for a price. 1 800 633 1106

Jackie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login