Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Natale ablation update

Posted by CaliGuy 
Natale ablation update
November 02, 2023 11:02AM
Just wanted to give you all an update.

Had my ablation in May - 2022. It was not as easy as I thought it would be. The fentanyl they gave me for surgery was probably responsible for most of it. Two weeks after the procedure I went back into constant AFib and this time had tachycardia too.

They sent me to the ER and I had 2 cardioversions in 7 days and they lasted for about 24 hours each. Finally, after trying 4 different drugs, they put me on Sotolol, it work in 24 hours, and I've been in NSR ever since (except for a couple of blips.) Stayed on Sotolol for 6 months and gradually came off.

Had my second follow-up with Natale and his PA last year after wearing a 2 week monitor and they took me off Eliquis.

A lot of you guys helped me before and after my surgery and I just want to say thank you. If not for this site I wouldn't have known that Dr. Natale practiced out of Los Robles.

If you're contemplating getting an ablation I'd make sure you go to the best EP that you can find. I was going to have it done at UCLA Medical Center until I found out about Natale and Los Robles.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2023 07:23PM by CaliGuy.
Re: Natale ablation update
November 02, 2023 02:03PM
Glad it worked out so well for you! I couldn't agree more that choice of EP is absolutely the most important decision you can make regarding an ablation.

Speaking of UCLA, I know of a guy who had 7 ablations there. All 7 failed. So he went to Natale and put an end to that nonsense.
Re: Natale ablation update
November 17, 2023 10:31AM
Carey
Glad it worked out so well for you! I couldn't agree more that choice of EP is absolutely the most important decision you can make regarding an ablation.

Speaking of UCLA, I know of a guy who had 7 ablations there. All 7 failed. So he went to Natale and put an end to that nonsense.

I thought about it but I didn't like the UCLA doctor. That's when I came home and posted here. Best thing I ever did.

After my surgery Natale told me that I'd need a "touch up" but so far I've been good.

My cardiologist thinks I should be on a blood thinner but Natale said it was OK to stop. I'm taking low dose aspirin.

Also, I had an echo before my surgery and my EF was 40-45. A year later a repeat echo shows my EF is 55-60.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login