Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

booster shot for Covid

Posted by Yuxi 
booster shot for Covid
October 16, 2023 04:00PM
[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

I was considering getting the new booster shot for Covid this week, then came across this article, now I am hesitating.

"We analyzed the molecular pathways of new mRNA vaccines and found they may potentially provoke electric disturbances, specifically regarding their effects on the ACE system and the role of the spike protein in the contest of cardiovascular complication [87,88]. In addition, these observations raise concerns regarding the central role of the ACE system on heart conduction homeostasis and possible detrimental impact of iatrogenic interference with this system in this context."
Re: booster shot for Covid
October 16, 2023 05:21PM
My EP advised me not to get another booster. Of course, that was individual advice, but I have taken it seriously.
October 16, 2023 07:57PM
Agree, definitely in a dilemma...
October 16, 2023 09:36PM
I certainly have had an association with C19 vaxxes, including one J&J. In 2021 had 3 mRNA plus the J&J and 15 afib episodes (a very high number for me - including 1 the morning after the J&J and another 5 later). I learned I could control it with a daily dose of flec as low as 25 mg once a day. I hypothesized the farther in time I got away from a vaccine, the more likely I could wean off the flec. I had my last Booster in October of 2022 and dropped to 12.5 mg/day on 9 Jun 23 and then to 0 mg on 24 Jun 23. I had one 125 minute episode on 1 Aug 23 and nothing since (converted with 200 mg flec). So I think my hypothesis is holding up.

I decided not to get another booster. It is a risk/reward calculation. I know many including neighbors, friends & family who've gotten C19 recently. I'm not immune to getting it, but I think my chances of a serious case are low. I've visited a relative in the nursing home 4 or more times a week for 2 1/2 years and the home is commonly in outbreak status. Many of the staff and also the resident I visit have gotten it, I have not. I try to keep my health in very good shape. At 68, my weight is what it was at age 15 and I'm leaner now than then at around 13% body fat. My average BP is 110/60 without meds. My fasting blood sugar is in the 70's and my fasting insulin is around 3. If I were in different shape, I would take 25 mg/day of flec and get the booster. My AF burden for the last 365 days is about 0.1%.
October 17, 2023 08:37AM
My first 2 shots were Pfizer, and all subsequent shots Moderna, including this fall's booster. And a flu vaccine.

I was a complicated case when I got to Dr. Natale and TCAI, and my afib is now in "remission".

To the best of my knowledge I have had zero side effects from the mRNA vax's, or from the flu shots.

I have also never, to the best of my knowledge, had COVID, though I almost certainly have been exposed to it. Likely I have been asymptomatic. I've had similar symptoms, but never tested positive using any test.
October 17, 2023 02:32PM
Thank you for sharing your experience and thoughts, I really appreciate it!
October 17, 2023 02:58PM
What can any one of us say except to relate their own personal experiences. Even opinions are worthless because we now know that's what we've been fed all along during COVID...even by 'experts', naysayers, virologists, and da gubmint...has been pig swill mixed with a bit of flesh to keep us happy.

My experience, temporally: Diagnosed with AF in the fall of 2017. It got worse, rapidly, about five months after my first shot, a Pfizer. Five months is a looooooooooonnnnnngggg time after getting an MRNA vaccine. In fact, it's only a month away from the first booster. So make of it what you will, but I would look askance at any suggestion that the vaccine made my AF worse.

Second shot was also Pfizer, and all the rest have been Moderna, including the latest in mid-July. I had a second ablation four months previously, and have had no recurrence of AF since.

For what it's worth, I am friends with the pathologist at a local hospital. This guy was a bush pilot, has a law degree, and a PhD in pathology. He asked me if I was getting the vaccines. I said yes, so far, but I was having second thoughts due to recent findings. He quietly said to me, 'Take every one offered to you.' He was quite serious.
October 18, 2023 05:18PM
Gloaming, thanks for your response! I have a GP appt this Friday. I will likely get the booster there smiling smiley
October 26, 2023 12:48PM
Don't get it.
The Covid Vaccine is neither safe nor effective.
VAERS (Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System) is co-sponsored by the CDC + FDA and has been monitoring adverse effects of all vaccines since early 1990's...
Here is their latest reports which Big Pharma "does not " want you to see-

[openvaers.com]

[www.openvaers.com]
October 26, 2023 01:33PM
ama1952
VAERS (Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System) is co-sponsored by the CDC + FDA and has been monitoring adverse effects of all vaccines since early 1990's...

You should learn what VAERS is before citing it as evidence the vaccine is not safe and effective. The minute you see someone citing VAERS you know they've been listening to the antivaxxers who intentionally misuse VAERS to mislead people.

You are wrong as proven by billions of doses dispensed and the astonishingly effective performance of the vaccine. Please don't dispense anti-vaccine advice here until you can cite credible evidence to support your opinion, and VAERS is not and will never be a source of such evidence.
October 26, 2023 03:53PM
I know literally dozens, upon dozens, of people who have taken all vaccines offered to them of all kinds. Not one of them has any heart conditions...I'm the only one...no, sorry, my sister-in-law developed AF a couple of years ago. Surely a reasonable person would understand that the vaccine is highly unlikely to to have cause her heart arrhythmia if she and I are the only two, and we are quite unrelated genetically.

All vaccines and medicines have a small risk of adversely affecting a few people. Vioxx was removed when it showed it had some problems with heart health. I know one person well who had no such problems, and that drug was a god-send to her. She's back in pain....again.

Talk about throwing the baby out with the bath water.
Joe
November 03, 2023 08:44PM
It's the suppression of data by Pharma and YouTube etc (why did it take a Judge to make them release raw trail data) they wanted kept secret for many years?
And then there is the bit of process 'one' and process 'two' - might be nothing sinister about it but why not discuss it? I was warned by YouTube for even linking to some courtroom evidence given by a professional.
I'm not an anti-vaxer (had a whooping cough booster 2/3 years ago after showing that i had no antibodies against it). It's a risk/benefit - clearly the Covid vaccine is effective for a few months at a time after the shot..., but it's more complicated/not fully understood as far as i can tell when it comes to the immune system (myocarditis and clotting problems were denied for some time at first as well, diminished by claiming that a wild Covid infection can cause same which is also true).
Wonder why early treatment strategies haven't been promoted early on?
November 05, 2023 09:46PM
I had AFib for over 10 years. Then a Dr. Natale ablation. Then Flutter. Dr. Natale again. I've also had every Covid shot offered, and have had zero problems - and have also never had Covid. I saw my brother suffer with Shingles for almost a year - in a lot of pain. I got my Shingles shot. I got walking pneumonia and felt lousy for a whole month. Got my pneumonia vaccine. I'm not afraid of vaccines....it's what they prevent that is far more concerning to me.
Joe
November 07, 2023 09:33PM
Agree tobherd but when you are supposed to get a booster every 6 months or so especially when (in my case) have antibodies already eye rolling smiley
November 09, 2023 12:35PM
Joe, shingles be shingles. Tetanus be tetanus. COVID be about 50 different variants so far...and climbing.
Joe
November 09, 2023 04:39PM
That's why you want antibodies against nuclear capsid proteins and not just the spike winking smiley. Measures to make sure one has a good Interferon response (part of the innate immune system) is also important.
Anyhow, it's an individual decision as long as we don't get stupid statements like we had from a President among others who are supposed to know better eye rolling smiley
December 14, 2023 07:59PM
I have a friend, who's going for a Natale ablation soon and is trained as nurse, who said flatly that he knows he got Afib the week following his mRNA shot. I believe he was 61 or 62 when he contracted Afib.

JohnG
Joe
December 18, 2023 03:35PM
Thought this video was apposite to the question asked. Prof Prasad MD is a practicing doctor.
Note, Dr Offit (an advisor to the FDA @ 72 y/o) chooses not to get the booster.

Both are definitely not anti vaxers as people who are very pro mRNA covid vaccination are prone to call people who ask questions, think for themselves, are open to discuss science.

However, if Care thinks this link is inappropriate then simply delete it.
[www.youtube.com]
December 18, 2023 08:57PM
Joe
However, if Care thinks this link is inappropriate then simply delete it.
[www.youtube.com]

Nope, not a problem. He's asking for evidence-based medicine to support boosters. I'll never have a problem with rational, evidence-based discussions no matter which way they lean.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login