Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Any more info on RSV vaccine?

Posted by Muntz 
Any more info on RSV vaccine?
September 24, 2023 10:22AM
I don't want to start a pro/con vaccine war on here as I know everyone has a right to their opinion, it's your body!!
I just want to know if anyone else has read or heard anything about the RSV vacc like I found.
I read this on VeryWellhealth:

Who Needs an RSV Vaccine?
Adults age 60 and older are eligible for an RSV shot, and the CDC recommends discussing vaccination with a doctor first.
The reason the agency didn’t outright recommended the vaccine is because of a rare risk of atrial fibrillation, a heart clotting problem, and a rare risk of Guillain-Barré syndrome.

As a 70yo grandma, I'm thinking it makes sense to do everything to avoid the RSV (and flu and covid) and deal with any afib episodes should it kick in. I am leaning on the words "rare risk". I'm already taking Eliquis and Flec daily for 5yr. My PCP is out of town until late Oct, so I'll discuss with her when she returns as recommended by CDC. I will also double check with my cardiologist and EP to get their opinion (which sometimes conflict!)

Any "Afibbers" friends out there know/read anything different?
Re: Any more info on RSV vaccine?
September 24, 2023 09:15PM
It's the proverbial craps shoot. Vaccines are under attack from all sorts of positions, including the vaccine industry itself. MRNA based vaccines are by no means out of the woods yet. They don't have the track record yet, and there is mounting evidence that there are unreported and serious drawbacks to them, especially in younger males.

But, we've had apparently perfectly fine vaccines over the past nearly 100 years for: polio, smallpox measles, mumps, rubella, diphtheria, pneumonia, shingles, pertussis, tetanus, hepatitis, yellow fever, ....that don't seem to have dangerous or debilitating side-effects. So, I'm fine with taking vaccines, even an RSV vaccine, and I just had my bi-valent MRNA booster in July. I'll continue to hope that, if there's a bullet to dodge, that I can duck and come up swinging like I have done maybe 80 times in my life so far.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login