Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

One year post Ablation #2

Posted by allofus 
One year post Ablation #2
September 20, 2023 06:56PM
Thank you, Dr. Natale!

I am so grateful for finding Dr. Natale, this website, and all of Shannon’s guidance, support, and suggestions.

I have now had 2 ablations with Dr. Natale. Not completely unexpected, Shannon had told me before I had even had the first ablation, that it would probably take 2 procedures.

It was approximately 2 1/2 years between the first and second ablations.

Knock on wood, things are going well now.

I definitely recommend Natale.

As a bonus, he ablated out those debilitating panic attacks (arrhythmia, tachycardia?) too.
Re: One year post Ablation #2
September 20, 2023 07:16PM
I had mine with him last month but already know I will need another one. After only 10 days been having daily episodes that pop up in between my morning and nightly Flec/Met doses. So yeah..the beast is still alive and kicking and so far ZERO difference from pre to post procedure. Fun stuff.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2023 07:17PM by WhyMe.
September 20, 2023 07:42PM
It is my history as well, but with a different EP. It is heartening to see that the empirical and anecdotal evidence, and briefings from EPs, are so consistent. They all seem to acknowledge, up front, that there is a first failure rate of about 30%, but that subsequent attempts run about 80% success. It's not fun having to go through the procedure a second time, but when the result is so much relief, it's small potatoes. I'd happily go through another day of discomfort, fog, and a week's recovery, to get the next 358 days symptom-free.
September 20, 2023 07:58PM
WhyMe
I had mine with him last month but already know I will need another one. After only 10 days been having daily episodes that pop up in between my morning and nightly Flec/Met doses. So yeah..the beast is still alive and kicking and so far ZERO difference from pre to post procedure. Fun stuff.

I was in your boat. It’s not fun stuff but maybe you can change drugs? Flecainide worked until it didn’t work. Maybe sotalol may help. It gave me 6 good nsr months.
Maybe it would had been longer but my vaccine brought it back with a vengeance. My primary cardiologist and his NP both warned me. I would never know.

It’s all individual and everyone is different. I’m hoping you get relief and have a calm heart. Good luck!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login