Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Control Arrhythmias

Posted by Steve1912 
Control Arrhythmias
August 31, 2023 04:30PM
So I met a gentleman from South America who had atrial fibrillation and he said that when he noticed arrhythmias that he would compress the area around his heart by tensing up the muscles in that area. And I found out this works. Rather than just put up with arrhythmias when your medication doesn't work, try this South American method....I wished our medical establishment knew about this.

After two ablations and a MAZE procedure, then I got to this site and did everything the site recommended, including removing mercury filings, increasing magnesium and potassium, increasing vitamin D, addressing sleep apnea and lo and behold, no more arrhythmias...

So sometimes when all else fails you need to take matters into your own hands....it is your body and life after all....

I read an article about what an individual can do if he/she thinks she is having a heart attack and that was to cough violently to put pressure on the heart to keep blood moving. I have no experience with this personally, but this sounds like self administered CPR! The only caveat is you only have about 20 seconds to implement to have any beneficial effect, but what do you have to lose if you are alone???
Re: Control Arrhythmias
August 31, 2023 05:07PM
Hi Steve, can you explain how to do this?
"he would compress the area around his heart by tensing up the muscles in that area"
August 31, 2023 06:06PM
Steve1912
So I met a gentleman from South America who had atrial fibrillation and he said that when he noticed arrhythmias that he would compress the area around his heart by tensing up the muscles in that area. And I found out this works. Rather than just put up with arrhythmias when your medication doesn't work, try this South American method....I wished our medical establishment knew about this.

After two ablations and a MAZE procedure, then I got to this site and did everything the site recommended, including removing mercury filings, increasing magnesium and potassium, increasing vitamin D, addressing sleep apnea and lo and behold, no more arrhythmias...

So sometimes when all else fails you need to take matters into your own hands....it is your body and life after all....

I read an article about what an individual can do if he/she thinks she is having a heart attack and that was to cough violently to put pressure on the heart to keep blood moving. I have no experience with this personally, but this sounds like self administered CPR! The only caveat is you only have about 20 seconds to implement to have any beneficial effect, but what do you have to lose if you are alone???

I had a MI, I didn’t feel I had the strength to cough. Sounds good though.

To stop my flutter I would go outside wearing a winter coat barefoot. The freezing feeling to my feet converted me a few times last November. I did it in the hospital too. The drips, iv pushes and oral drugs and ecvs were not working so I put on a coat and stuck my feet out by the window. It converted me. Everyone is different. George shoved snow wearing shorts barefooted. But he wasn’t in afib if I recall. Other times I would turn on the shower to the coldest setting and my pipes were cold and a few times it converted me. None of my antidotes were long enough to give me a cold.
August 31, 2023 10:08PM
susan.d
George shoved snow wearing shorts barefooted. But he wasn’t in afib if I recall.

Correct, but I do train the cold in the winter - 3 minutes/day in this:

Just cold showers in the summer.
September 01, 2023 03:31AM
George-that picture of ice right now is so visually refreshing since the temperature where I’m at has been close to 100 all summer and it’s already September.
September 03, 2023 09:38PM
One thing I did about a month ago was take Puritan Pride's Calm Tabs (combo of 6 calming herbs) when my heart had a tachycardia/afib mix going on. It calmed my heart rate nicely. Since 5 tabs is the recommended max daily amt, I also added chamomile tea to my day. (It’s not good to overdo chamomile tea, but in the short term, it stabilized my heart rate along with the Calm Tabs). I was on Multaq at the time which wasn’t managing the rate. My cardiology nurse OK’d the addition of the herbal product. (Since that time, my heart meds were changed to 100 mg. flecainide with 2.5 mg metropolol twice a day. This keeps my heart so happy with NSR).
September 04, 2023 01:05AM
Multaq is an anti-arhythmic drug, not a rate control drug. It should help to keep you in rhythm, but it will not stop your heart from beating more quickly when/if you slip into AF. For that you need metoprolol, and calcium channel blocker.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login