Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Brand new video about a new ablation technique...?

Posted by gloaming 
Brand new video about a new ablation technique...?
August 24, 2023 12:54PM
These two gentlemen are obviously working in perhaps a third language, so their delivery is somewhat stilted. Within a couple of moments they are more fluid and you can enjoy the gist of their method.

[www.youtube.com]
Re: Brand new video about a new ablation technique...?
August 24, 2023 03:54PM
gloaming
These two gentlemen are obviously working in perhaps a third language, so their delivery is somewhat stilted. Within a couple of moments they are more fluid and you can enjoy the gist of their method.

[www.youtube.com]

I had watched part one earlier, and yes, the pronunciation was often difficult to follow. If you hear a completely mysterious word, it is "procedure!" I was very interested in this the last couple of years because I have dysautonomia and, as I researched Afib ablations, it was clear that even a basic PVI ablation was going to hit some of these ganglionated plexi and I was concerned that it could make my dysautonomia worse. It was very hard to get information about this though cardioneuroablation was a topic in both of the last two year's Heart Rhythm Society conferences. I had a conversation with Dr. Natale about this and his feeling was that it was early days to evaluate the safety and efficacy of this ablation approach. My version of dysautonomia involved pre-syncope any time I was standing for over a couple of minutes--very inconvenient and often dangerous!

Still many of the areas that Dr. Natale ablated through mapping my Afib/Flutter were areas of dense gangionated plexi associated with the autonomic nervous system and, guess what? After my ablation and touchup I am able to stand for 45 minutes or more without starting to faint. I am thrilled! Dr. Natale had not anticipated that my ablation with have this much effect on my dysautonomia.
Re: Brand new video about a new ablation technique...?
August 24, 2023 08:32PM
That's good to hear, Daisy, that you have an improvement on several fronts. This leads me to conclude that the complexity of arrhythmia, as a general topic, or as a field of research, is much akin to the autism spectrum disorder with all its 'flavors'.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login