Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

3 years after Natale going back for PVC ablation??

Posted by Kleinkp 
3 years after Natale going back for PVC ablation??
July 22, 2023 08:29AM
Had Natale ablation 3 years ago immediately after starting experiencing PVC 6% total beats. PVC beats calmed to less than 1% for few months after. PVC have now increased to 20+% over last 2 years years. Was put and met/flec and that seemed to calm things down, until now. Meds are not working anymore now next option is Ablation.

How does a PVC ablation work, similar to afibb? I've read you must be having PVC at the time of the ablation? Is Natale a wizard at fixing PVC as well??
Any insight to help the process is greatly appreciated!!
Re: 3 years after Natale going back for PVC ablation??
July 22, 2023 10:07AM
I sometimes suffer from PVCs, mostly in a regular pattern : bi or tri geminal.
They can last for hours, but less so since I've decided to eat less calcium.
I've still PVCs from time to time, they're annoying, but never lead to AFib for me.
I don't know whether they can be ablated or not, but my understanding is one has to enter the ventricles via mitral or tricuspid valves. Makes me nervous!
July 22, 2023 04:18PM
Everyone’s body reacts differently. I have a very unique health in general. In my case I too developed PVCs six weeks post first ablation. By three months post index, my PVC burden was 33%. I was scheduled for a PVC ablation for the following month.

However during that month I visited my local EP. He ordered a Holter monitor and suggested I try an experiment that he said has been successful in some of his other patients. I was on Multaq and he suggested I start off with a small 12.5mg dose a day of Atenolol and see him in a week. It didn’t work so by the 7th day it was increased to 25mg a day. Nothing. The third week it was increased to 25mg mornings and 12.5mg evenings. On the third day my PVCs stopped cold turkey — 4 days before the previously scheduled PVC ablation date that I had postponed for this drug experiment.

Same story after my second ablation. Atenolol stopped the PVCs cold turkey.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2023 04:21PM by susan.d.
July 24, 2023 09:47PM
Were your pvc's symptomatic? When I would get around 1k daily wasn't a big deal. But 15-20k a day starts to get pretty uncomfortable.
July 25, 2023 01:48AM
Mine were very symptomatic. Plus at the time I needed my gallbladder removed. My surgeon examined me and told me “I wouldn’t touch you with a ten foot pole” while in PVCs.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login