Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Two questions from a friend in Detroit

Posted by Gill 
Two questions from a friend in Detroit
July 11, 2023 06:35PM
I am in UK but have many friends in the US. Would be grateful for help answering questions from one of them.

1) Are there any really good electrophysiologists in the Detroit area?

2) Where would she need to travel for ablation by Dr Natale?

Gill
Re: Two questions from a friend in Detroit
July 11, 2023 08:13PM
Austin, Texas for Dr. Natale.
July 11, 2023 08:17PM
Don't know of any top EPs in Detroit.

To have an ablation with Natale would require a flight to Austin, TX, which is about a 3-hour flight. The much bigger issue would be paying for it. The UK NHS won't pay for it and neither will US Medicare or insurance companies, so she would have to self-pay. As I understand it, St. David's will offer self-insured patients the same rates insurance companies pay, so I would expect over $20K USD.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2023 08:35PM by Carey.
July 12, 2023 07:29AM
Hi Gill,

Per Carey's response, is your friend a US citizen or resident with US health insurance? If so, his response would not apply.

Here is Natale's contact info. One of our members who has had a recent Natale ablation may be able to give you more specific contact info.

Best,

George

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2023 07:30AM by GeorgeN.
July 12, 2023 10:06AM
GeorgeN
Per Carey's response, is your friend a US citizen or resident with US health insurance? If so, his response would not apply.

Oops. I see I misread her question.
July 14, 2023 01:04PM
Hi. I am in metro Detroit. I do have a EP that I like at UofM. But I do think depending on your circumstance a trip to Natale would be a good way to go. Happy to connect and tell you more however. (I have an interesting history so it doesn't fit everyone but wanted to just pipe in because I am from the area.)
July 14, 2023 06:59PM
The strange thing about Detroit is that most teenage boys have a girlfriend in Canada and no, you don't know her. winking smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login