Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Low T and Afib

Posted by mjamesone 
Low T and Afib
June 29, 2023 08:46AM
Some papers suggest Low T (testosterone) may be associated with afib and therefore supplementation can help.

Anyone here have personal experiences in that regard? And if so, how did it work out?

I'm not talking about health store testosterone boosting supplements, but the kind of creams, patches and injections you need a prescription for.
Re: Low T and Afib
June 29, 2023 09:23AM
I was involved in a lawsuit a few years ago. The attorney that handled my case accidentally let it slip that he was involved in a MAJOR lawsuit involving patches and topical T used in and around the heart that led to death(s). I asked for more information but he apologized for his remark and indicated that the usual NDA and settlement language were in effect.

I can't recall exactly why he made the statement other than I might have mentioned I had used T at times. (not part of my lawsuit with him) He might have just been trying to warn me.

I have at times used topical T (androgel) on my chest but never did since then. Better on my thighs but not near groin. The only T that really works for me is 1ml injections on a weekly basis and that requires me to donate blood 12x a year (6 with MD and 6 at blood bank)

Bottom line, don't put it near your heart or chest and watch your HCT. Get a good hormone MD that also understands all of the interplay with DHEA, estradiol etc.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login