Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Flecinide and gout

Posted by colindo 
Flecinide and gout
June 07, 2023 03:36PM
Does taking flecinide cause some people to experience gout?
Re: Flecinide and gout
June 07, 2023 04:43PM
Not to my knowledge. However, gout and afib are strongly correlated, which is why if you google flecainide and gout you'll get a bunch of hits.
June 07, 2023 05:17PM
One cause of uric acid is fructose consumption. University of Colorado researcher & nephrologist, Rick Johnson MD, has studied fructose for many years. Last year he did a 3 part lecture series on the topic, See the Part 1, 2 & 3 videos in this search.
June 07, 2023 06:18PM
Interestingly, these days Natale has you take the gout drug Colchicine before and after ablations.
June 07, 2023 07:54PM
Daisy
Interestingly, these days Natale has you take the gout drug Colchicine before and after ablations.

That's because it's a very effective anti-inflammatory for the heart. I know that because in one of the rare instances of another EP being ahead of Natale, I received that from my (good) local EP in 2014 and he explained the purpose.
June 08, 2023 02:10PM
Thanks for your replies.

The last time I got gout was about 2 years ago when I first had my covid19 injection. (I had a bad time with side effects, taking flecainide for lots of afib) . Prior to then maybe 10 years before, so gout is a rare complaint for me and I am trying to find the cause.

It looks like I can rule out flecinide and fructose consumption as I have been eating fruit for breakfast for 5 years.

I am still getting over covid19 which I had a couple of weeks ago, so maybe that's the cause, although I wouldn't expect so.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login