Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rapid heart beat

Posted by IrishPeteAZ 
Rapid heart beat
May 29, 2023 06:58AM
Good morning:

I ate too much for dinner and started feeling sick (low fever). I came home tried to sleep and my heart is fast especially when I am laying down. About 100-105 BPM. I took a lorazepam 0.5 not really helping. I have a history of Lone Paroxysmal Superventricula Tachycardia with an ablation in 2007. Any suggestions? Sleepless in Phoenix.
Re: Rapid heart beat
May 29, 2023 11:45AM
A fever increases heart rate. Take something to lower the fever and the HR will fix itself.
Re: Rapid heart beat
May 29, 2023 12:40PM
Unfortunately, being anxious is about Enemy #1. Ask me how I know. No, really...go ahead.

You are posting this early at zero-dark-thirty according to my clock, but maybe you're a lot further east. That would account for some of the time. Still, you're outta ammo and you have come here hoping for magic. That particular ingredient is in the rarest form of supply here.

I have been in your shoes, honestly. It took a few trials with me telling myself it really is the stomach distension that is setting off my AF. As far as I know, I got that right...eventually...and was careful until my first ablation and beyond. As my sergeant instructor told me all those many years ago at officer candidate school, any fool can be uncomfortable. Another lesson for me. It takes foresight, learning, and self-discipline.

Dehydration, over-exertion, disease, infection, inflammation, mineral imbalance,...there are several things that can cause an elevated or wonky heart-rate. I don't see how a log-grade fever would be a normal response to stomach distension, or to too much of the wrong food, unless one is sensitive to MSG, for example, or has a Vagus response to GERD (which might be at play here). Even then, why a fever and not just SVT, PACs, or AF?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login