Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kardia help please

Posted by susan.d 
Kardia help please
May 06, 2023 04:50PM
I had a kitchen knife accident and sliced my thumb. I want to use my Kardia 6L but I have one working thumb. Any suggestions on how to record a reading? Toes? :-)
Re: Kardia help please
May 06, 2023 05:09PM
Right or left? If taking a 2 contact reading & if left, wet your belly to the left of your navel, then wet your right thumb and both contacts. Hold in right hand with thumb on contact and put left contact on belly skin and take reading. If want the 6 lead reading do as shown here but hold between two non-injured fingers on the injured hand and as normal on the other.
May 06, 2023 05:30PM
Just use your index and middle finger instead.
May 06, 2023 07:54PM
Curious with an AV node ablation and a pacer, why do you care about a Kardia ECG?
May 07, 2023 05:38PM
GeorgeN
Curious with an AV node ablation and a pacer, why do you care about a Kardia ECG?

Curiosity. Not concerned. I had 238 boxes and furniture shipped from our usa home to abroad. Today was moving day and yesterday I couldn’t find an helper. I couldn’t be downstairs pointing out what goes into the shed and underground storage room and be upstairs at the same time pointing out where everything went. Plus all went into a matchbox apartment and i was curious how my heart was reacting to the stress. I felt the afib so I was curious. It didn’t show up on my Kardia as arrhythmia but some funky longer than usual wide QRS. I was dizzy.

I was afib free before our move. I’m in afib 24/7 according to my pacemaker since March 25. Doesn’t show up on the Kardia but does on my PM interrogation.

Movers were beyond exceptional. Perfect. French guys they hired make great movers. Very polite.

I used my pointer finger on my left hand to take a Kardia reading. It worked.
May 30, 2023 05:59PM
Does anyone know what happened to Susan?
June 29, 2023 05:52PM
A few of us have also wondered. [www.afibbers.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login