Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Blood pressure unstable after a fib

Posted by Sunshine13 
Blood pressure unstable after a fib
April 27, 2023 08:06PM
Hi everyone , on Tuesday I had an episode lasted 15 1/2 hours . My last episode was 4 months ago. Now my blood pressure is 150/100 and then it went down to 128/96 . Is this normal for it to be doing this . I am on metoprolol Succinate ER 25 mg a day. Any thoughts greatly appreciated . Thanks
hds
Re: Blood pressure unstable after a fib
April 27, 2023 08:33PM
Sunshine13
Hi everyone , on Tuesday I had an episode lasted 15 1/2 hours . My last episode was 4 months ago. Now my blood pressure is 150/100 and then it went down to 128/96 . Is this normal for it to be doing this . I am on metoprolol Succinate ER 25 mg a day. Any thoughts greatly appreciated . Thanks

I have a similar experience, that after Afib, my BP is raised, but after a few hours it settles back to normal levels. According to ChatGPT:

After an Afib episode, it is possible that blood pressure may be temporarily elevated due to the body's response to the episode. This can include an increase in adrenaline and other stress hormones that can cause blood vessels to constrict, leading to an increase in blood pressure.
April 27, 2023 08:46PM
Anxiety increases blood pressure, so yes, it's normal.
April 28, 2023 08:52PM
Thank you everyone for taking the time to reply. Today 3 days after my a fib episode my blood pressure went through the roof 177/104. I am asthmatic and I’ve been using Incruse ellipta. I went to the ER because I was feeling dizzy, light headed and off the wall. They didn’t find out why my BP was up and I wasn’t in a fib. It took all day for it finally to normalize. The only thing that I feel might have done it is the inhaler. One of the side effects is HBP. Not sure if anyone of you are asthmatic or have used this inhaler or Trelegy which has the same ingredient. Am planning not to use it this weekend just my other one Flovent HFA to see what happens. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks.
April 28, 2023 08:53PM
HDS, your explanation makes a lot of sense. Thank you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login