Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hopefully 2nd times the charm

Posted by hikerjim 
Hopefully 2nd times the charm
March 17, 2023 03:50PM
Well, after my cryobaloon ablation in 2014 and having a real hard recovery period, I swore I'd never go through that again. After 8 years, with a fib increasing to every week, I decided to go in last Monday for my 2nd. The doctor said some of the nerve cells grew back and he was successfully able to ablate them. Fortunately I was able to leave the hospital that same day in normal sinus rhythm. I'm on day four and decided to start my rehabilitation with a short 10 minute walk. Felt pretty good but when I got back in the house I was very tired. I was in excellent condition prior to the surgery, but I'm very surprised how much the surgery wiped me out. Anyone else have any 1 week or later recovery stories?
Re: Hopefully 2nd times the charm
March 19, 2023 12:47PM
look into wolf mini maze...and its over...also no thinners anymore
March 19, 2023 01:42PM
Jim,
Seems very reasonable to be wiped out after a significant surgery and anesthesia like you had. We can underestimate the subtle impacts on our body, brain and heart of this very invasive procedure, both physically and psychologically. Give it a month or so and then worry.
Just my 2 cents,
Jeff
March 19, 2023 05:01PM
Dovewing
look into wolf mini maze...and its over...also no thinners anymore

Maybe. Atrial flutter is a very common complication of the Maze procedure, and guess what's needed to correct that? Yep, an ablation. In fact, it's so common that an ablation is often combined with the Maze in a single procedure. And whether you need anticoagulants later or not mostly depends on your CHADS-Vasc score. If you have a high score no EP is going to recommend you stop anticoagulants even with an occluded LAA.
March 23, 2023 12:09PM
Thanks. Up to a mile and half walking at25 minutes.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login