Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pulsed Field Ablation latest news

Posted by sldabrowski 
Pulsed Field Ablation latest news
March 09, 2023 04:53PM
[consumer.healthday.com]

[www.medtechdive.com]

As the approval seems to be getting closer, the medtechdive article review competitors of the technology. Interesting read.
Re: Pulsed Field Ablation latest news
March 09, 2023 09:56PM
Thanks for posting these links. I saw a similar report, another site, but it had a firewall after the fade-out part and an invitation to register. The news is encouraging, and I can see from the estimated numbers of sufferers in the USA alone that there's a growing market for this type of intervention. Still a way to go, and the improvements are not earth-shattering, at least not in any words anyone is willing to publish, but in a few months the tone may change. I hope so.
March 09, 2023 10:09PM
gloaming
Still a way to go, and the improvements are not earth-shattering, at least not in any words anyone is willing to publish, but in a few months the tone may change..

My look at this from 30,000' is that the biggest benefit is lowering the risk of complications, especially with EPs who aren't at the elite skill level. From a "success" standpoint, I still think operator skill is a huge driver.
March 10, 2023 06:21AM
I am an expat American living/working in Egypt and the UAE, dealing with LAF. I am looking for a reputable and experienced PFA provider in Europe. I would be grateful for any leads. Thanks.
March 10, 2023 07:52AM
MarionGlenn
I am an expat American living/working in Egypt and the UAE, dealing with LAF. I am looking for a reputable and experienced PFA provider in Europe. I would be grateful for any leads. Thanks.

For Europe, PFA or not, the EP I'd choose is Pierre Jais in Bordeaux, Fr. See: [www.afibbers.org]
March 11, 2023 11:05AM
Many thnaks GeorgeN.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login