Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Attachments now allowed

Posted by Carey 
Attachments now allowed
March 08, 2023 08:05PM
One of the positive results of the recent outage is it got me poking around the innards of the server more deeply, and one of the things I noticed is despite this forum's longevity, the disk space usage is surprisingly low.

So in view of that, on a trial basis we've enabled the ability for you to add attachments to posts. The limitations are:

• Attachments can be no larger than 1 MB (1000 KB )
  • You can add a maximum of 3 attachments per post
  • Only files with the extensions gif, jpg, png, and pdf can be attached

Attachments won't be visible in your post, but readers can view them or download them.

Please use this feature judiciously. No memes, joke photos, etc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2023 08:35PM by Carey.
Re: Attachments now allowed
March 09, 2023 02:43AM
Thanks.
Like this ? (Just to see how it goes...)

BTW : One thing I'd like to see is the "active" threads (recent posts) being displayed on top of the file.
Attachments:
open | download - 180423d.jpg (441.5 KB)
March 09, 2023 10:26AM
Yes, exactly like that.

Yeah, I'd love to make the active threads appear at the top too but that is mysteriously just not an option. How it can't be an option is beyond me. It's the first feature I would add to forum software. But this is fairly old forum software and it needs to be updated, but doing that is a big change and has to be done very carefully. Losing years worth of posts or disrupting the forum are very real risks in such a change.
March 10, 2023 02:15AM
Carey
Yes, exactly like that.

Yeah, I'd love to make the active threads appear at the top too but that is mysteriously just not an option. How it can't be an option is beyond me. It's the first feature I would add to forum software. But this is fairly old forum software and it needs to be updated, but doing that is a big change and has to be done very carefully. Losing years worth of posts or disrupting the forum are very real risks in such a change.

Thanks for your work, Carey.
March 20, 2023 09:47AM
Carey
Yes, exactly like that.

Whoaw ! I thought it was done. Not exactly. Maybe a work in progress ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2023 09:49AM by Pompon.
March 20, 2023 10:51AM
You thought the forum software had been updated? No, the main site was completely revamped, but the forum software has remained unchanged. That's a whole different project and hasn't been started yet.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login