Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sorry about the outage

Posted by Carey 
Sorry about the outage
March 07, 2023 08:45PM
Apologies for the downtime, folks.

It took 3 people and 3 days to get the site back online -- Shannon, me, and our web expert. I'll spare you the boring tech details but it boiled down to being a delayed consequence of the web site update we did over a year ago. It's kind of like having an apparently successful ablation but then having an afib episode 2.5 months later. Well, we did a cardioversion and the site is back in NSR now. smileys with beer
Re: Sorry about the outage
March 08, 2023 04:10AM
Carey
Apologies for the downtime, folks.

It took 3 people and 3 days to get the site back online -- Shannon, me, and our web expert. I'll spare you the boring tech details but it boiled down to being a delayed consequence of the web site update we did over a year ago. It's kind of like having an apparently successful ablation but then having an afib episode 2.5 months later. Well, we did a cardioversion and the site is back in NSR now. smileys with beer

Nice cardioversion ! Thanks for your work.
In the same time afibbers was offline, I've had repeated Google messages popping up on my smartphone and asking me to log in to my Outlook mail account, despite being already connected.
Using my desktop, I followed the process for a "lost pw", created new pw and de-synchronized my e-mail accounts.
Both the error messages I had from afibbers.org and from Google appeared originating from the same bug (but I 'm no expert, so it's just guessing) from Google, at least seen from here.
March 08, 2023 09:02AM
Good analogy Careysmiling smiley I kept refreshing my browser past 3 days, so glad it's finally back online. Thanks for your effort!
March 08, 2023 01:53PM
Thanks, Carey, Shannon and web tech helper for your valuable time and successful result.
I'm sure it was labor-intensive and undoubtedly tedious.
Hope you can now relax and have some fun.
Jackie
March 08, 2023 04:12PM
Good work! I did all the usual things to see if it was a stale cookie or something, did a disk cleanup...nada. I'm very happy that you were able to enjoy success for your efforts, and of course we are the beneficiaries. smileys with beer
Joe
March 08, 2023 05:40PM
Thank you Carey!
March 08, 2023 11:07PM
No apologies necessary. Thanks for your hard work.
March 09, 2023 03:09PM
An analogy only an AFibber would get haha...Thanks for the great work as usual.
March 10, 2023 07:35AM
Funnily enough, I first thought it was me or my equipment. I set about rebooting everything. hot smiley
When that didn’t work I chased up Cloudflare and asked them what the problem was.
When that also didn’t bring any Joy (pun intended) I called a tech friend of mine who suggested I ‘relax’ and wait a day or two.
Me relax…haha
Decided to do a couple of strenuous gym workouts instead and that irritated my already wrecked shoulder. I do need my daily fix of afibbers.
Thanks Carey.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login