Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ivabradine

Posted by Amara 
Ivabradine
February 23, 2023 10:18PM
I'm wondering if anyone here has taken Ivabradine, and if so, how did it work for you? Side effects? I've done some research on it, but personal experience is always more telling.

My current EP is considering giving it to me for tachycardia. So far I've been intolerant (severe side effects and adverse effects) of all the cardiac meds I've taken.

Thanks
Re: Ivabradine
February 24, 2023 01:29AM
That's a new one to me and a quick reading about it seems to suggest your doc is running out of options to offer you. It's not particularly dangerous or anything, but it's just not commonly used.
February 24, 2023 09:30PM
Yes, it's a fairly new med. It's FDA-approved for heart failure but is being used off-label for inappropriate sinus tachycardia and dysautonomia amongst other things. It has a different mechanism of action than all other cardiac meds. If he decides it's a good choice I'm going to try it since I've been intolerant to all the other cardiac meds so far. It seems to have less occurrence of side effects in clinical trials over beta blockers.
February 25, 2023 11:19AM
Good luck..it sounds like you could use a hand up after all your trials. Here's hoping it works for a good long while.
February 25, 2023 03:03PM
Thank you Gloaming! Me too!

I'm hoping it will work and hold me over while I'm waiting for Natale.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login