Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pulse field ablation

Posted by hikerjim 
Pulse field ablation
November 28, 2022 04:26PM
Does anyone know of any Hospitals or Doctors in the Northern California area that are doing Pulse field ablation yet? I had a ablation dome at Ceders Sinai about 9 years ago and had complications. Afraid to have another ablation.
Re: Pulse field ablation
November 28, 2022 05:03PM
hikerjim
Does anyone know of any Hospitals or Doctors in the Northern California area that are doing Pulse field ablation yet? I had a ablation dome at Cedars Sinai about 9 years ago and had complications. Afraid to have another ablation.

I know Dr. Natale has been doing PFA as a part of studies. I know he spends a couple of days a month at Los Robles in the LA area and Scripps in La Jolla. If you don't want to fly to Austin, you could find out if he's doing PFA at one of those places. If you are worried about another ablation, in your shoes, I'd fly to Austin.
November 28, 2022 09:57PM
Pulse field ablation is not FDA approved and is only available as part of a clinical pre market study. I received a PFA last June by Dr Natale as part of the AdMire study (Biosense Webster); during a Followup visit in September he told me he expects PFA to be FDA approved in 2024. The Farapulse PFA system (Boston Scientific) is approved in Europe where it has received a CE designation.
November 28, 2022 11:02PM
That's what I thought, but actually it has been approved by the FDA.

But I would imagine that the only EPs with experience using PFA at this point are the EPs who participated in the trials.
November 29, 2022 05:34PM
Ok. Thanks. Ill try to get ahold of Dr. Natalie to see if there doing it in California.
November 29, 2022 06:05PM
hikerjim
Ok. Thanks. Ill try to get ahold of Dr. Natalie to see if there doing it in California.
(805) 852-9100
November 29, 2022 06:41PM
hikerjim

Just so you know when you call, it's spelled Natale and it's not pronounced like the female name Natalie. It's pronounced Na-TA-Lay.
November 29, 2022 06:42PM
Clarification on a point I made earlier regarding FDA approval of PFA. To date it’s been approved for use in approved clinical trials and not for general use; general use approval is expect 2024. Trials are still underway (active) but may not be recruiting; check clinical trial government website for status. A phone call to Natale may offer additional information.
November 30, 2022 12:05PM
I believe UCSF is doing a clinical trial. I was not eligible because of a prior ablation for tachycardia many years ago.
December 03, 2022 03:50PM
Dr. Natale isn't doing any more pulsed field ablations as part of the Admire trial.

I was on the the list and scheduled back in November to fly to Austin.

They called and cancelled 10 days prior. sad smiley
December 20, 2022 04:14PM
Keep in mind if you get in a PFA trial there is only a 50/50 shot you get the pulsating technology. I was in Natale’s study and still don’t know which technology I received. I guess I could ask for the hospital records but I am not sure it would make a difference
February 06, 2023 10:57AM
Are you still seeking a clinical trial?
February 06, 2023 10:59AM
Geocappy
Keep in mind if you get in a PFA trial there is only a 50/50 shot you get the pulsating technology. I was in Natale’s study and still don’t know which technology I received. I guess I could ask for the hospital records but I am not sure it would make a difference

Actually, most trials being conducted now are not double blind. You know exactly what you are getting and what company/catheter. Of course, it's important to double check.

John
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login