Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

new Apple Watch Afib History

Posted by bneedell 
new Apple Watch Afib History
November 21, 2022 11:49AM
has anyone tried this? if yes , what do you think?
[support.apple.com]
Re: new Apple Watch Afib History
November 21, 2022 08:36PM
Whatever you do. Never call Apple tech support and tell them you have afib. Their policy is the IWatch support is for non afibbers users.,
November 21, 2022 08:59PM
The biggest Apple Watch limitation of all: It doesn't reliably detect afib above 120 bpm and it's not FDA approved to do so, which renders it nearly useless for many/most afibbers.

https://www.medpagetoday.com/opinion/skeptical-cardiologist/85148
November 21, 2022 09:26PM
Susan.
This is new, and ONLY meant for those of us WITH a doctor's diagnosis of Afib. I included a link with the information in my note.
Barbara
November 21, 2022 09:31PM
Carey,
This is new, and requires that you update your phone and watch software to the latest versions, and apparently has FDA clearance
[www.fiercebiotech.com]
Barbara
November 21, 2022 11:32PM
bneedell
Carey,
This is new, and requires that you update your phone and watch software to the latest versions, and apparently has FDA clearance
[www.fiercebiotech.com]
Barbara

Okay, they cleared the previous diagnosis hurdle, which is good, but can they reliably detect afib above 120 bpm? The link you provided doesn't say.
November 22, 2022 09:55AM
My Kardia 6L can’t distinguish what kind of arrhythmias over tachycardia heart rates. In flutter it says tachycardia and in afib it says inconclusive if less than 100 hr and I get a beat..beat..double beat (beat-beat) ..beat..beat..double beat.

I get now usually a 80s hr beat/beat/beat.beat/beat after my flutter converts with an Kardia inconclusive diagnosis while my iWatch diagnoses it as afib.
November 22, 2022 10:09AM
The Kardia is more accurate. The rhythm you describe is not irregularly irregular. There's a reason Kardia got full FDA approval regardless of heart rate and Apple Watch didn't.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login