Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ablation in one week—Nov 8!

Posted by Daisy 
Ablation in one week—Nov 8!
November 01, 2022 10:39AM
I am so ready with breakthrough Afib nearly every day. It may be a bit uncomfortable after I stop Multaq tomorrow night. I’ll still be allowed propranolol for a few more days. For those who have had ablations, if you went into Afib in the days before, did you have higher rates than in breakthrough episodes while still medicated? The TCAI communication has been so smooth—look forward to actually getting into their hands.
Re: Ablation in one week—Nov 8!
November 01, 2022 11:26AM
IMHO you will be ok but I know the ambulances only send to the closest hospital so I usually stay at a hotel that is close to the hospital and ambulance range 2 days before my ablations in case my hr exceeds 200 and I need an ambulance. I don’t want to be stuck at a different hospital the day of the ablation. But that’s me and it probably won’t happen to anyone else.

My last scheduled ablation I weaned off 10 days and I never went into tachycardia.
November 01, 2022 03:23PM
Yes, once I stopped the metoprolol I did experience higher rates, as should be expected since lowering your rate is its whole purpose. But I've always experienced high rates, typically running 180-190 with afib and 240-250 with flutter. 100 mg of metoprolol would only lower afib to about 140 and it didn't do a damn thing to flutter, so it never provided me with a lot of comfort in the first place.
November 01, 2022 08:28PM
Carey
Yes, once I stopped the metoprolol I did experience higher rates, as should be expected since lowering your rate is its whole purpose.

It is the Multaq I am thinking of as I can take propranolol until the day before the ablation. My Afib breakthrough rate on Multaq is 110 to 115, so I am wondering if, when I stop it tomorrow, I'll get much higher rates. 110 - 115 is uncomfortable but tolerable.
November 01, 2022 08:38PM
Multaq only has a weak rate limiting effect, so I think with the propranolol you'll be fine. That's what does all the heavy lifting with rate limiting.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login