Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Afib / heart supplements?

Posted by bettylou4488 
Afib / heart supplements?
October 30, 2022 02:29PM
maybe this should be on the general postings but I have/do take many of these for afib and other cardio. a cardiologist I see posted this on his weekly newsletter

[life-enhancement.com]

Called Brain Spark. here are the ingredients. I wondered if anyone is familiar. I typically don't do combo supplements.. just too much in there to know what is helping but I have been thinking about brain and heart lately. Interesting... Anyone?

Magnesium L-Threonate (1000mg per serving): Has been the focus of intense research related to brain health and neurological function. Researchers at MIT found it to cross the blood-brain barrier and support memory, focus, recall, and general well-being.
Taurine (2000mg per serving): A critical amino acid for brain health and in particular the rejuvenation of brain stem cells. More and more scientific research is now supporting taurine’s incredible role in MOOD, MIND, and MEMORY.
D-Ribose (2000mg per serving): This is a critical co-factor for mitochondrial function in the brain and heart. Researchers have discovered this key co-factor to be essential in mitochondrial bioenergetics.
Creatine (450mg per serving): Brain Spark uses a patented blend of creatine magnesium which has been the subject of numerous clinical trials. Creatine has been shown to improve and support memory, focus, recall, and more.
P5P (5mg per serving): Pyridoxal 5’ phosphate is the active form of vitamin B6. P5P is critical for neurotransmitter production and balance as well as magnesium absorption. Get your Spark back with Brain Spark!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2022 02:58PM by bettylou4488.
Re: Afib / heart supplements?
October 30, 2022 05:35PM

Magnesium L-Threonate (1000mg per serving): Has been the focus of intense research related to brain health and neurological function.
L-Threonate is supposed to have better bioavailability to the brain as your post says. The 1000mg would be of the molecule not of the magnesium. The elemental magnesium will be lower as the % magnesium is 17.9%, so 179 mg.

Taurine (2000mg per serving): A critical amino acid for brain health and in particular the rejuvenation of brain stem cells. More and more scientific research is now supporting taurine’s incredible role in MOOD, MIND, and MEMORY.
Taurine has been part of my afib supplement stack for 17 1/2 years and 2 g is about what I take. Jackie has some very detailed posts on taurine, Here is a search on her posts: [www.afibbers.org]

D-Ribose (2000mg per serving): This is a critical co-factor for mitochondrial function in the brain and heart. Researchers have discovered this key co-factor to be essential in mitochondrial bioenergetics.
Jackie also has info on this. See: [www.afibbers.org]

Creatine (450mg per serving)
:
Rhonda Patrick presents evidence based information on her site. Here is the creatinine topic page link: [www.foundmyfitness.com]

P5P (5mg per serving): Pyridoxal 5’ phosphate is the active form of vitamin B6. P5P is critical for neurotransmitter production and balance as well as magnesium absorption
Yes, I take B-6 and specifically this form. When I first proposed an alternative to my EP's suggestion of staying out of rhythm 18 years ago, it included detraining, electrolytes (potassium & magnesium) & PIP flec if I went out of rhythm. The EP agreed and suggested taking B6 with the magnesium.
October 30, 2022 08:43PM
Thanks GeorgeN. Appreciate it. since it is a powder I think I may give it a shot and just do a little. But I also have most of these in the cupboard except for B-6. I do like one size fits all though and all my supplements are leading to Gerd. (I did get the book you suggested re that in a different post. Haven't opened it yet though).
November 03, 2022 12:58PM
What is the name of the book, please.
November 03, 2022 01:10PM
Catherineh
What is the name of the book, please.

Why Stomach Acid Is Good for You: Natural Relief from Heartburn, Indigestion, Reflux and GERD
[www.amazon.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login