Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Update

Posted by tallguy31 
Update
October 24, 2022 10:22PM
I posted this a few months ago (below) regarding my a-fib journey and didn’t realize it was 70 pages deep. So for those that didn’t see it, here it is:

“I haven’t posted in awhile and wanted to give everyone an update. So, the Flecanide failed. Anytime I’d get a bit tired or overheated from working, my heart would go back into its state of palpitations. I literally would have to stop what I was doing, sit down, and just wait until it would go away. I finally thought to myself, IM TIRED OF THIS! I can’t live this way the rest of my life. I’m not an old man! I exercise regularly, I eat right, etc, this can’t be happening. I started to do a LOT of research, I mean a TON of research. This led me to wean myself off of EVERY medication I was taking: Flecanide, Metoprolol and Lipitor. It’s now been 2 1/2 months and the results have been INCREDIBLE. In the past decade or so, I’d been having trouble sleeping. I figured it was just because I was getting older. I’d tried sleeping pills, gummies, Xanax to help me fall asleep and stay asleep. No longer. I’m back to sleeping like a teenager! I fall asleep, and I STAY asleep. My energy levels have rebounded. My muscle aches have disappeared. And most importantly? MY HEART PALPITATIONS ARE LITERALLY NON-EXISTENT. My belief is the STATIN was the main culprit as it robs your body of COQ-10. Both my parents had a-fib and palpitations….and they both took a statin. I remember when my afib episodes began 14 years ago, almost the EXACT same time I started taking a statin, I’m not a doctor, but all I know is that my heart is back to almost 99% normal. Two operations, tons of anti-arrthymia medications didn’t do a damn thing. Wish I had known this years ago. That’s my story”

OK….so now it’s four months and I’m happy to say my experiment has not failed. The statin was definitely the cause of my palpitations and sleep issues, I have absolute no doubt in mind about it. My cholesterol has gone up a bit, but nothing that is dangerous. Doc says he may try a different statin and my answer was NO…for obvious reasons..
Re: Update
October 25, 2022 12:32AM
Wow, glad to hear you've had such a great outcome!
October 25, 2022 01:39AM
Thanks for reposting this, I missed it the 1st time.
October 25, 2022 04:07AM
October 26, 2022 06:37PM
FWIW the research on Ubiquinol (the best form of CoQ10) shows that it can reverse CHF significantly when using ejection fraction as a data point.

There was a great cardiologist in Tyler Texas, Peter Langsjoen that retired just last year that is/was a leading expert on CoQ10 and ubiquinol.

He has dozens of papers with others on the subject. An intro:

[pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

I take 2 of these every day 12 hours apart.

[www.amazon.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login