Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Any ideas about this, since my doctor doesn't seem to know anything..

Posted by Sozo 
Any ideas about this, since my doctor doesn't seem to know anything..
July 29, 2022 01:50PM
Hi There, anyone that can help..??
I was diagnosed with afib in February. Low grade! I am on no meds after a bad spell with flecainide. While
taking flecainide I had a constant sensation of squeezing in my chest and I felt just terrible. I have not been
on afib for many months now but still continue to feels these sensations to a lower degree. Also I have never
had high blood pressure, it has always been good. But now for quite a while, it is running low, like in the 90's
for the systolic and 60's for the diastolic, and even at times dropping into the 80's systolic and 50's diastolic.
My pulse rate at times, especially if I'm laying down can drop to around the low 50's and have seen it at 49. My electrophysiologist seems to not think much about all this, because I do not feel faint or dizzy and as far as the sensations he just has no idea. sad smiley Any thoughts friends??
Re: Any ideas about this, since my doctor doesn't seem to know anything..
July 29, 2022 02:19PM
I don't think the BP and heart rate are anything to worry about. As for the chest discomfort, have you had a general cardiology workup, such as a stress test? Also, how old are you and what gender?
July 29, 2022 03:37PM
How are you taking your pulses? With your fingers or with an electronic device?
I'm asking because this squeezing in your chest you're talking about reminds me of the sensation of bradycardia I experienced some years ago. Bigeminal PACs or PVCs give this awful sensation.
July 29, 2022 04:07PM
I can have BP in the 90's or 80's and diastolic in the 50's or even 40's asymptomatically. Last night my pulse was a low of 43 and average of 47 during sleep and can drop into the 30's, again asymptomatically. This is where I live. The question of whether your BP & pulse is related to how you feel, or from a completely different cause is relevant. A search on flecainide and chest squeezing or tightening shows this can be a symptom with flec. So why you still feel it without flec is a puzzle.
July 29, 2022 06:01PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2022 04:10PM by allofus.
August 01, 2022 05:53PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login