Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

2nd ablation completed

Posted by wamdvm00 
2nd ablation completed
July 14, 2022 05:14PM
My 2nd ablation was performed this past mon 7:11, it lasted about 2 1/2 hrs compared to 6 hrs on the first. Doctor used RA ablation to touch up reconnections on the superior and inferior PVs. He tested them a couple of times without any induction of a fib and also retested previous flutter ablation without any signs of flutter and lastly I had a re-entry avrnt tachycardia 5 years ago that was also not induced this time. I stayed overnight w some pvcs, no a fib or pacs. The pvcs have reduced greatly each day although I have always had them all my life. They tend to come and go. I feel I greatly abused my first ablation with horrible eating and way too many drinks. Doctor said my heart does have large atria and large pv veins and a floppy septum. He said I’m was genetically prone to have afib. I’m 48 and otherwise great shape and weight. He said I’m in 80% success range. I will certainly do all I can regarding lifestyle. Docs view is that he does ablations so people can enjoy having a drink and other things. I guess that’s true to a certain extent. He just preaches moderation in all things! It’s great to feel my heart beating so smooth!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2022 05:16PM by wamdvm00.
Re: 2nd ablation completed
July 14, 2022 09:20PM
Nice story + hopefully you stay in NSR for a long time.

GL
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login