Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can city drinking water high in contaminates affect arrhythmia?

Posted by susan.d 
Can city drinking water high in contaminates affect arrhythmia?
July 07, 2022 01:39AM
I used to get PVCs after ablations but with Tenormin they would stop. I can’t take Tenormin again because I’m on 200mg sotalol a day and my pacemaker is pacing all day (98.4%) at 55hr. My last ablation was 4-21. I’ve been PVCs free since. Friday they returned with a vengeance. Usually I get them right before my morning, midday and evening doses of Sotalol… an example— 8am and I’m not due for my Sotalol until 9am or yesterday at 2:35pm and my midday dose at 3pm. Or sometimes they will stop about 35 minutes after dosages but return an hour later. They are so bad it’s difficult to sleep.

Nothing has changed except instead of bottled water, I’m drinking filtered water from my fridge door. That’s when my PVCs returned. Also daily 135-145 short runs of tachycardia which my pacemaker has paced down (converted) back to 55hr.

Reports just came out saying LA water isn’t that great. Perhaps my fridge filter can’t clean the water. The yellow light came on so I should change the filter. But would semi contaminated water cause PVCs? I am hydrated during the day. Unfortunately I’m getting angina from the PVCs and out of breath so I’m wearing a nitro patch which stops the angina but gives me headaches.

[abc7.com]

“ EWG has a new tap-water database. Analysis of Los Angeles Department of Water and Power water found the level of arsenic 430 times its own EWG recommendation. It also found chromium at 29 times recommended levels, and acids from disinfectants at 184 times.”

Probably back to arrowhead water or bottled 365 (Whole Foods) brand and see if my PVCs gets better.

Shoot! My tachycardia came back 1.5 hours after my evening sotalol so my sotalol theory of helping my PVCs is rubbish.

My tachycardia was in the high 140s and lasted 2+ minutes before converting. Now Kardia is 80hr instead of my usual 55 so my pacemaker didn’t zap me down to 55. The reading from Kardia says “Sinus Rhythm with Wide QRS”. Wide qrs I guess from sotalol. Second self converted episode today. I’m three days shy of 6 months ER free.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2022 10:30PM by susan.d.
Re: Why are my PVCs back?
July 10, 2022 08:56PM
update: I stopped drinking the filtered water from my Kitchenaid fridge and went back to Arrowhead bottled water. The PVCs stopped cold turkey. It’s amazing how water quality affects heart rhythm.
July 11, 2022 09:43PM
could it be the temperature? cold out of the fridge? vs. room temp bottle? just a random though.
July 11, 2022 10:27PM
The (city) water fridge dispenser is cold. My fridge is set to 34 degrees so I have nsr drinking really cold water when I now store my bottled waters in the fridge. Temperature never affected me. I think contaminants in the water may. I wonder if it affects others.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login