Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

post ablation.. push it or not?

Posted by bettylou4488 
post ablation.. push it or not?
July 06, 2022 06:03PM
I am about 6 weeks out from ablation. Many times when I exert myself I get irregular rhythm. When I sit it stops. The Kardia says the irregular rhythms are "possible afib" and the EP office says they are PACs. I had a brief conversation with the nurse who gets my (45 a day) portal messages. I understand that you can't "undo" the ablation but I forgot to ask, if I "push it" can it turn those PACs into afib? Ie should I be taking it easy-- or pushing it. I am not an athlete (with other congential issues) but I have always been active. And so I am struggling with that part of it. I mean if I go into afib or flutter I have meds on board but I wonder maybe I should watch more Netflix, wait for it to heal more. But I am tired of not cooking, not walking etc.. The nurse put me on the schedule for a virtual with the EP on Monday before his day starts formally so I will be talking to him but I thought if I write this out there, you guys could also give me some good questions to ask and things to clarify. (This is my 2nd ablation. First was in feb .. I developed flutter from that. The second took care of two flutter lines and another fib or same fib area. I don't have the formal report .. that's another question). ps.. plus I am getting weaker and that doesn't seem like a good thing..

thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2022 06:04PM by bettylou4488.
Re: post ablation.. push it or not?
July 06, 2022 09:15PM
Moving is always healthier than not moving. You don't need to push it, but go ahead and do what you would normally do without the PACs. I know they're annoying, but PACs are harmless and nothing (reasonable) you do will cause afib because your afib monkey is in a cage now.

See this post.
July 07, 2022 11:15AM
Ok great post. you should pin the one you linked. I guess I never really thought of it that way. And I've turned around ablations and afib in my mind over and over. and read a lot. .Still- that's the best explanation. I am pretty fatigued and realized upon walking that the initial increase in heart rate was anxiety .. so I am going to do several tiny walks today and work up from there. Thanks

Carey
Moving is always healthier than not moving. You don't need to push it, but go ahead and do what you would normally do without the PACs. I know they're annoying, but PACs are harmless and nothing (reasonable) you do will cause afib because your afib monkey is in a cage now.

See this post.
July 08, 2022 11:00AM
How true Carey Unfortunately I’m very aware of my ‘monkey’ going nuts as my chest and back feel like I have a bongo in there and it can shake the bed or chair.It can be quite disconcerting. But knowing that it’s contained mostly is comforting. I do have bouts of AF, but brief. I have had long bouts of flutter, up to 11 days. (finally decided on a second ablation )
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login