Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

resting heart rate after Afib/flutter ablation

Posted by bneedell 
resting heart rate after Afib/flutter ablation
July 02, 2022 07:48PM
I am 7 weeks past afib/flutter ablation. Having some PACs but afib and flutter seem to have subsided, at least for now. My resting heart rate was about 65 before the ablation but now has gone up to 81. I am only on Eliquis....I do not want to take the rate and rhythm control drugs unless I have to. Have others experiences increased resting heart rate? If yes, does it go back down over time? thanks
Re: resting heart rate after Afib/flutter ablation
July 02, 2022 09:40PM
bneedell
I am 7 weeks past afib/flutter ablation. Having some PACs but afib and flutter seem to have subsided, at least for now. My resting heart rate was about 65 before the ablation but now has gone up to 81. I am only on Eliquis....I do not want to take the rate and rhythm control drugs unless I have to. Have others experiences increased resting heart rate? If yes, does it go back down over time? thanks

I'm not an ablatee, but reading here for 18 years, it is very common for resting heart rate to increase after ablations. In fact an initial increase is commonly a hallmark of a successful ablation. The rate does usually drop after a period of time, which is very individual. If your resting heart rate is < 100, then my understanding is rate control is not required.
July 02, 2022 11:53PM
Yep, multiple ablations here and an increased resting heart rate is to be expected following an ablation. If you've only gone up to 81 that's quite modest because 90 and higher isn't unusual. And it can last a surprisingly long time -- upwards of a year for some people -- but it does come back to normal eventually. It's nothing to be concerned about as long as it stays under 100.
July 03, 2022 09:37AM
❤️
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login