Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My Natale Ablation

Posted by LLA 
LLA
My Natale Ablation
June 28, 2022 07:46PM
This is my first post, although I've been reading and learning from this forum for awhile. 70, female, and have had persistent AFIB for over two years. It started out fairly typically with a few episodes that would resolve on their own. By the time Covid came along, it had become persistent. By then I was taking Eliquis, Metoprolol and Diltiazem. It seemed under control as far as my heart rate went, but there was the constant fatigue and worry. I accepted living like that for awhile, and the pandemic made me hesitate to seek any further treatment.
As I started to read on this forum about the success people were having with catheter ablations, particularly with Dr. Natale, it gave me the motivation to do more. I knew it had to be someone I could really trust to get past all my anxiety.
So long story short, I finally did have an ablation with Dr. Natale two weeks ago! It all went well, and although I was tired the first week, I'm feeling much better and back to walking again every day.
I want to thank everyone here for their informative posts and encouragement. Without this forum, I might have never found out about Dr. Natale or how he travels to CA to do procedures. Also there's such a wealth of information here about everything AFIB, always something new to learn. My sincere appreciation!
Re: My Natale Ablation
June 28, 2022 08:20PM
Glad to hear you had such a positive experience with Dr. Natale, and glad you found the site helpful. Thanks for posting and telling us!
Re: My Natale Ablation
June 30, 2022 01:47PM
Great to hear LLA!

It's a common refrain heard over two decades now on our forum, and at other AFIB resources as well, that well-vetted recommendations for Afibbers who are at that point in their AFIB career that they are fed up living with the beast, so often decide it is time to find a more durable solution. And folks such as yourself have often followed a very similar process as you have been doing, and as Carey noted above, it's great to hear you are off to such a good start and obviously making good decisions for yourself!

Thanks again LLA for also sharing your story as it so often really helps others in making similarly good choices as well.

Cheers!
Shannon
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login