Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Maybe Off Topic
June 23, 2022 04:45PM
This board has been so helpful I thought I might find some knowledge here on another topic. I am currently waiting for my ablation date from Natale’s office.

I had covid in August 21 and it did not give me flu symptoms or attack my respiratory track in any way. Rather, it attacked my muscles with me having severe pain for 7-10 days. Since then my muscles seemed to have weakened all over (maybe nerve related) and my bowel movements have gone from historically constantly loose (set my watch to it) to absolutely firm to near constipated.

I am considering going to a naturopathic type doctor (gut specializing) to see if my muscle issues and bowel changes are gut related. I am getting tired of the standard primary care doctor (part of larger group) that you see every 4th visit when PA calls him in

Thought maybe someone else has dealt with the muscle issue tied to their heart issues.
Re: Maybe Off Topic
June 23, 2022 05:37PM
Why do you think the muscle weakness is related to your heart issues?
June 23, 2022 06:02PM
Take magnesium for regular bowel movements. It helps your heart as well. In fact get an EXA lab test from EXA. The test (tissue scrapped from your mouth) will tell you your mineral body stores and how much magnesium to take. My results reported I need 600mg a day. No more laxatives.
EXA lab: (541) 245-3212 . It was reasonably priced.
June 23, 2022 09:25PM
susan.d
Take magnesium for regular bowel movements. It helps your heart as well. In fact get an EXA lab test from EXA. The test (tissue scrapped from your mouth) will tell you your mineral body stores and how much magnesium to take. My results reported I need 600mg a day. No more laxatives.

is this self administered? of do you have to go to a doc? sounds very interesting.
June 23, 2022 09:59PM
bettylou4488

is this self administered? of do you have to go to a doc? sounds very interesting.

[www.exatest.com]
Do a search for past posts. The kit is sent to your doctor. His nurse scrapes your inside cheek and palate of your mouth. It should be done before you eat in the morning. You first rinse your mouth out with distilled water.

Another person on this board told me to get the doctor to write to send the test to the patient’s home for administering. I did it but technically my husband was licensed as a pharmacist to give shots, vaccines etc so I fell under that umbrella. I saved an office visit where my doctor’s girl would do it. It’s an easy test.

Read the indications:
[www.exatest.com]

Indications

Mineral electrolyte deficiencies or imbalances have been documented as contributing to the following
conditions:

Cardiovascular Conditions:

Atherosclerosis

Arrhythmias

Atrial Fibrillation

Myocardial Infarctions

Angina Pectoris

Hypertension

Sudden Heart Death

But blood or serum tests do not provide a diagnostic solution. EXA Test™ is used to diagnose
intracellular tissue electrolyte dysfunctions in the above and following conditions:

Osteoporosis

Calcium Metabolism

Leg and Muscle Cramps

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Pre-Menstrual Tension

Sexual Dysfunction

Hormonal Imbalance

Migraines

Eclampsia

EXA Test® is also used for the measurement of mineral electrolyte loss due to the following:

Immune System Disorders

Sports Induced Mineral Loss

Medication Related Mineral Loss (i.e. diuretics, digitalis)

Rapid Weight Loss

Diabetic Mineral Loss

Malnutrition

Ask to speak to Marivic at the lab
The results are mailed to you if you call and the report will prescribe how much magnesium to take per day. I feel better since upping my dosage.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2022 09:59PM by susan.d.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login