Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Heart monitor

Posted by Pixie 
Heart monitor
June 21, 2022 11:56AM
I am getting my first heart monitor from the Natale team. It is to be worn for a week. I am reaching out to those of you who have worn this to see if you had any skin reaction because of the “adhesive “. I have one call and 2 emails into the person I was told to talk to, but no response as of yet. I know they are very busy. Having a little concern about being able to wear this for 7 days, that is why I am turning to this group.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2022 11:59AM by Pixie.
Re: Heart monitor
June 21, 2022 01:36PM
Many patients do report skin irritation and itching from the adhesive pads. I am also getting a week’s monitor next Tuesday at the request of Dr. Natale. After talking with other patients, I will request hypoallergenic pads.
June 21, 2022 01:45PM
I don't use the sandpaper or I do it very lightly. Is it a Zio? EZPZ. if you do the cheaper one you just have that on you. If you do the bluetooth one you need the little tablet (small) next to you but if you forget it catches up. Seriously.. NBD. And on skin reactions- I have had them to things but if I skip the sand paper or go lightly it doesn't bug me. When applied at the office they give me a hard time about that.. you will have to decide on that one
June 21, 2022 03:11PM
I have worn the ZIO patch several times. I always wind up with some skin irritation but only mild to moderate. What is most unpleasant is the process of removing the patch which can be painful. I am a man and the adhesive pulling on chest hairs is part of the problem no matter how close I shave prior to attaching the patch. It comes with one adhesive remover pad. I find it helpful if you can get some additional ones as well. Definitely not a pleasant experience but if you go slowly and carefully you can reduce the discomfort in the removal process. Good luck with it.
June 21, 2022 03:35PM
regarding the removal make sure you use the little wipe they give you with the adhesive remover. and watch the instructions on how to remove it. I don't have the chest hair problem though. (It can't be worse than us ladies waxing!! LOL!!!). Last time I went to get one they gave me the standard model. Then the EP came in and said.. do the blue tooth one. So they took off the first with a little bottle of adhesive remover. I said.. hey can I take that with me? (I mean they were probably going to toss it.). I keep it on hand. Or use goo-gone..
June 21, 2022 05:05PM
Vital Connect is the company this monitor is from. It is using bluetooth. I was able to speak to Velma at TCAI. I expressed my concern. She did not mention that I could use hypoallergenic pads as you mentioned, Daisy. I am going to call her back and ask about that.

Thanks, everyone, for your comments.
June 21, 2022 08:31PM
Zio is ok but the others caused bleeding welts for me. Everyone’s sensitive varies. Call the holter company and get the cloth version for sensitive skin. It’s extremely expensive for you to buy yourself but the holter companies do supply them for free.

If you get a zio I recommend you using a Tegaderm bandage on either side. Sweating will loosen the zio adhesive strip.
[www.nexcare.com]

Here is a prior post on the subject:
[www.afibbers.org]

Check my link for a real good pad in the above link and then call the holter company and request they include them in your supplies.
June 21, 2022 09:02PM
I just got a response from a person doing the orders for these. I asked about the hypoallergenic pads and she said she wandered what the name of the company was that provided that monitor. She said Dr. Natale prefers Vital Connect and that is where my order went. I guess I will do the best I can with what I get.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2022 09:04PM by Pixie.
June 21, 2022 11:43PM
Pixie
I just got a response from a person doing the orders for these. I asked about the hypoallergenic pads and she said she wandered what the name of the company was that provided that monitor. She said Dr. Natale prefers Vital Connect and that is where my order went. I guess I will do the best I can with what I get.

Looks great! Dr N never had me use that company before. Maybe it’s new. It’s disposable so you don’t have to return it or change batteries and gas less noise. I would still cover each side with a tegaderm if the holter loosens or falls off from sweat.
June 29, 2022 05:47AM
I just finished up wearing the Vital connect HRM a couple weeks ago. Very similar to the ZIO. However, unlike the zio I had no issues with adherence and was able to exercise, shower etc without the patch wanting to come off like the zio. I did have some minor irritation but very minimal.

One negative observation is it is in constant communication with the phone and I assume uploading. This causes the phone battery to discharge more rapidly than I was used to with my regular phone. The patch does record for up to 10 hours though. But I did miss some recording time due to this.
June 29, 2022 11:37AM
Dr. Natale wants me to wear a heart monitor for a week pre-ablation to get a more accurate picture. It needed to be prescribed locally as I have not yet had an appointment with Dr. Natale. I had an appointment yesterday at a hospital clinic, asked for hypoallergenic and they gave me ePatch, extended Holter Monitoring by BioTel Heart. I’ve only worn it for 24 hours, but so far no irritation. I take off the pads and electrodes when showering and replace them afterwards.
June 29, 2022 01:42PM
I was told by someone at Vital Connect that the HRM I have is hypoallergenic. I sure hope it is. I will be starting it today. They seem to have a good customer service department….I will be calling them with any questions.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login